Regal Princess Embarkation Time in Galveston

cruisinsince75

Our sailing is at 3PM.  What time do they start letting people on the ship?  Both my wife and I are handicapped and will be parking in the Express Lot and will be riding our scooters back to the terminal.  The lot opens at 9am and the handicap spaces are first come first served.  We are also Platinum and get priority boarding.  We plan on dropping the bags first.  What time would be the best to show up.  I heard of the nightmares last year of the embarkation process.  Any other suggestions?

TIA

2 hours ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Our sailing is at 3PM.  What time do they start letting people on the ship?  Both my wife and I are handicapped and will be parking in the Express Lot and will be riding our scooters back to the terminal.  The lot opens at 9am and the handicap spaces are first come first served.  We are also Platinum and get priority boarding.  We plan on dropping the bags first.  What time would be the best to show up.  I heard of the nightmares last year of the embarkation process.  Any other suggestions?

TIA

I called Princess and asked that question last week and I was told that we can board at noon. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

TIA

Great question.  As we are going out of Galveston soon 

Cheers

Usually the terminal opens around 9:30am/10:00am. Boarding will begin around 11:00am, maybe a little sooner. As a handicap you will have priority boarding. Latest check in will be around 1:30pm for a 3pm sailing. The ship is required to provide a passenger manifest to the authorities 60 minutes prior to sailing. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

Customer service told me Noon, but going to be there at 11am now with all this information. 

Can I ask best parking garage. My first time from Galveston. 

Thanks 😊 

Noon is just a boiler plate response probably from someone that has never been on a cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miss-Lizzie said:

Customer service told me Noon, but going to be there at 11am now with all this information. 

Can I ask best parking garage. My first time from Galveston. 

Thanks 😊 

We are doing the Express Parking Lot next to the terminal (28).  It is walk right to the terminal.  No shuttle.  Drop bags first, then park.

Document.thumb.png.432405af1319a9359fad8885d0775635.png

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

We are doing the Express Parking Lot next to the terminal (28).  It is walk right to the terminal.  No shuttle.  Drop bags first, then park.

Document.thumb.png.432405af1319a9359fad8885d0775635.png

Thanks, I have not seen this map as of yet. So we are out of 28. Thanks so much for the information. I wasn't sure what terminal. 

There is no place to wait until they let you in the building. It was the worst port we have ever been out of and will never sail through there again! People were in the streets & drop of areas once the sidewalks were all full. We were next to a travel agent who has traveled way more than us, and she also agreed that it was the worst she had ever seen. She said she would try to make sure her clients didn't book Galveston cruises; it was that bad. The port staff was very rude on top of it all.

Most people were stuck standing out in the sun (though there is very limited shade right next to the building). The port staff did not allow any priority for loyalty or suites.

That said, the cruise with Princess was great, and disembarkation wasn't horrible (though not the best either). It was one of the few terminals in the US where we have had to actually go through a real passport control station with CBP.

We stayed at Harbour House and their shuttle picked us up at 11, quick ride and there was no waiting outside when I went in February. Previous cruisers had it rough.  The line was moving. All were friendly at that time. I probably won’t cruise there again due to port being far from airport , transportation & hotel .

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, peachycruise said:

There is no place to wait until they let you in the building. It was the worst port we have ever been out of and will never sail through there again! People were in the streets & drop of areas once the sidewalks were all full. We were next to a travel agent who has traveled way more than us, and she also agreed that it was the worst she had ever seen. She said she would try to make sure her clients didn't book Galveston cruises; it was that bad. The port staff was very rude on top of it all.

Most people were stuck standing out in the sun (though there is very limited shade right next to the building). The port staff did not allow any priority for loyalty or suites.

That said, the cruise with Princess was great, and disembarkation wasn't horrible (though not the best either). It was one of the few terminals in the US where we have had to actually go through a real passport control station with CBP.

What was your sail date?  I heard the first couple of sail dates of them sailing from Galveston was a mess.

• 2 weeks later...