Scuba Diving

Suzanne123

The South Pacific. However, HAL itself is,not the most dive friendly line. The port times don't line up well with diving. When I did my South Pacific cruise, I did snorkeling, but I booked my own tours. Probably your best bet is,to come early or stay late to dive. 

• Like 1

Are you referring to itineraries where scuba diving excursions are offered by HAL, or to itineraries to ports where scuba diving can be acquired from local dive shops? If the former, Caribbean cruises seem to be the only ones currently with scuba diving excursions. If the latter, just pick a destination and you'll probably find local dive shops that can accommodate you.

For example, none of HAL's cruises stopping at Canadian ports offer scuba, while local providers can be found at most (all?) ports, some even catering to cruise passengers. For example, Torpedo Rays in Halifax will pick you up at the cruise terminal, bring you to be fitted for any needed rental gear, and take you diving.

Some of the third-party shore excursion providers also include scuba opportunities. Viator, for example, includes over 3,000 dive possibilities globally. 

• Like 1

Not on HAL, but had a wonderful time SCUBA diving in Bali when the cruise I was on had 3 days, 2 nights there. First day I dove a bit closer to the port, and the second day we went up to the north shore and dove a shipwreck. I did organize it through a private company who did pick up and drop off at the port.

There also is said to be great diving in the Philippines, although I've never been there. But southeast Asia itineraries might be ones to check out.

• Like 1

Even if you were to find scuba excursions offered thru a cruiseline, they are obviously 3rd party vendors and you'll pay a hefty mark-up.  Quick research on TripAdvisor will give you hundreds of providers (and ratings) in all areas of the world. From there, you can book with them directly and have better communication.

• Like 1

I dove in Raiatea. Nov 2022 It was organized thru the CC roll call. 

Hemisphere Sub - 2 dives $130. I don't remember HAL offering scuba trips.

In Moorea the snorkeling trip thru HAL was phenomenal. 

• Like 1