Christmas new years back to back!

grouchomarx

I’m very excited, I just turned my Christmas cruise into a b2b for new years week (traveling solo).  It was not insanely expensive.  Not sure what to expect upon finishing the first cruise, do I get off and do customs or something else?  I got the same cabin for both cruises so I don’t have to move.  I only have the Vibe for the first leg, which at first upset me but my strategy is this: spend all the first cruise hanging in the Vibe, enjoying it all.  Save excursions for the second leg (same ports), so I am off the ship more and I also got the thermal suite pass and Bliss thermal suite looks really nice. This way I can avoid the psycho pool deck as much as possible.  The PCC I dealt with told me get on the wait list for the Vibe for the second cruise, I might get it.  But I figure time in the Vibe is a lot of drinking and partying and I might not even want that for the second cruise and want to do different stuff and explore the ship more.  When I’m in Vibe I just tend to stay parked there all day and not see/do anything else. I’m so excited I never did a new years cruise!  Any advice for a newbie b2b and new years, I’m all ears.  My plan is to take 7 days of clothing and just wear it all over again, I cannot pack 14 days of unique stuff and still fly underweight lol.

The procedure can vary depending on the ports/countries.

In the US you will almost certainly have to get off as they need to clear the ship. I believe they will take you off and then back on again once the ship is cleared for embarkation. Alternatively you could get off and come back later.

In other countries you may not have to get off. This is usually the case in Europe.

If you do go ashore then you will likely have a sticker or similar that indicates you are in transit and they will direct you to the boarding gate avoiding the check in area.

What ship?  What itinerary?  With Christmas and New Year's being on a Wednesday, if this would be a port day some shops and tours might not operate.

Christmas on board ship is a wonderful time even for solos.  A number of years ago I did a Christmas/ New Year's b2b.  Had a great time.  New Year's Eve there will be lots of parties all over the ship.  I was sailing in and out of Miami.  You will be given instructions for The Turnaround Day.  We met at a specific place, led off the ship, went through a Customs check and led back on the ship.  I don't think it took more than 30 minutes from the time we left the meeting location and were back on board.

Remember there should be a "Fill The Bag" laundry special mid way through each week.

Enjoy

Edited by www3traveler
add words for clarity

8 minutes ago, grouchomarx said:

The cruises are 12/21-12/28 then 12/28-1/4 Miami Bliss

You will have a wonderful time.

I did not buy either a Vibe or a Thermal pass for either of the cruises and still had a good time.  I found a number of places on the ship that were quiet during the day.  My favorite was the space between the Buffet and the Pool Deck.  There are plenty of spaces inside too that are quiet during the day.

9 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

You will have a wonderful time.

I did not buy either a Vibe or a Thermal pass for either of the cruises and still had a good time.  I found a number of places on the ship that were quiet during the day.  My favorite was the space between the Buffet and the Pool Deck.  There are plenty of spaces inside too that are quiet during the day.

Thank you for this!  I have hope I can cope without a Vibe pass!

The thermal suite on the Bliss is indeed very nice. We enjoyed it a lot on our Alaskan cruise - and hung out in there to view the Glaciers away from the crowds, while going back and forth between the loungers and the steam room/spa. 

I can't see spending money on Vibe myself. At least the Thermal Spa pass gets you those extra spa amenities for the price. 

21 minutes ago, JSar said:

The thermal suite on the Bliss is indeed very nice. We enjoyed it a lot on our Alaskan cruise - and hung out in there to view the Glaciers away from the crowds, while going back and forth between the loungers and the steam room/spa. 

I can't see spending money on Vibe myself. At least the Thermal Spa pass gets you those extra spa amenities for the price. 

Thank you!  I love your insight. I will try to enjoy it more than the first time I had it, I felt restless. I need to learn to relax!