Begging for 10's on the Anthem of the Seas

I sailed on the April 8 through 22nd Panama Canal 14-night cruise on the Radiance.

I experienced the absolute worst of this sort of ratings-begging from the waiters.

On this 14 night sailing, at a table of eight people who were diamond or diamond plus (meaning that we were experienced with the system), We were having a fine time all sharing about our day's adventures, and here he comes to interrupt the experience and preach to us.

We listened to this on five different dinner/days.

I timed it, it was so oppressive....these lectures from the waiter were 4 1/2 to 5 minutes long.  Each time it was the same droning scripted speech.

It stinks that they are reduced to begging for good ratings, but this Radiance cruise was the worst.

• Like 1

Maybe if some of MDR waiters that are taking 4 to 5 minutes per table about importance of a '10' they would have more time to be personable and get to know their passengers.  Or better yet serve hot dishes instead of luke warm for some.

Then a 10 is actually earned.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, little britain said:

Totally agree! VV is so refreshing with outstanding food quality and presentation, the staff are efficient and friendly and simply Doing Their Job; they aren’t trying to be your best friend to get tips or begging for a 🔟; it’s so nice not having to sign any paperwork 📑 when you get a drink or finish your meal. I think they will shake up the cruise market - especially here in England where we Brits generally hate all that faux friendly stuff. 

Absolutely! Apparently Virgin Voyages have seen massive growth in sales from the UK in the last year (Travel Weekly 9/9/24) and  that is because it appeals to our sensibilities. No gratuities added before you even set sail, no signing paperwork for every drink with a 20% service charge added, no begging for 10’s or rating staff, no tannoy announcements for art auctions or similar nickel and diming opportunities, all of which we hate. The included food is at a very high level plus wifi and tips included. We will only return to Royal if there are young children in the family. I can’t think of any other holiday I have been on where the staff are begging for a good rating because they are not paid properly by the company that employs them. It’s truly awful. 

• Like 9

Hello,

I’m currently on Anthem and thought I had escaped the begging for ‘10s’ as I ate in the rarified atmosphere of CK BUT it has now happened to me twice and once from a waiter that has never served me anything.

I have also noticed the Cruise Compass advertising ‘art [sic] seminars’ in the venue usually occupied by PW but with no mention of them by name.

Regards,

Cublet

4 hours ago, ABC Cruisers said:

We had this same thing on the Odyssey, it seemed like absolutely everyone was asking for 10's ONLY, it got really old really quickly!

I’ve said it before in here. If I get begged for 10 I make sure to give them all a 1 across the board and name drop everyone that asked for a 10. This will not end until everybody does this.

Edited by UPNYGuy