EzAir? Possible AirLine Strike?

phabric

I have flights booked with Air Canada with EzAir Sept 25 - Toronto (YYZ) -Vancouver (YVR) and Oct 16 - San Francisco (SFO)- Toronto (YYZ) for a B2B cruise Sept 26.

Air Canada pilots are planning on going on strike soon.  Air Canada might start canceling flights by Friday.

I know my flight is not until the Sept 25 and I am not worried about my Oct 16 return flight  as I am sure the strike would not last that long.

I called EzAir yesterday, they knew about the pending strike but they had not had any notification from Air Canada yet.  She told me to call back next week.

If Air Canada cancels flights and they will refund the price which EzAir will receive.

With EzAir, they are suppose to get you to the port.  

There is another airline that would get me Vancouver.

The other airline price is double the price I paid for Air Canada.

Would I have to pay the other airline price?

1 minute ago, disgirl said:

If you have to rebook on the other airlines, yes you would have to pay the new fare.

If EzAir gets the Air Canada refund, shouldn’t I only have to pay the difference?

Air Canada will try to rebook you onto another flight. I can't say how EZAir will handle it on their side but I would expect them to help you find a replacement flight and get Air Canada to pay for it. 

Here's the info from Air Canada directly: 

If you choose to keep your current flight and a work stoppage occurs, please be assured that we’ll notify you or your travel agency via email and/or text message within 48 hours of your flight’s scheduled departure, using the contact information provided during booking. We will do our best to rebook you with the best available options, but please note that space will be limited.

If your flight is cancelled by Air Canada, you will be eligible for a full refund regardless of your fare type, and no cancellation fees will apply.

Air Canada has to rebook you within 48 hrs of your original flight on them or a partner.  If they can not rebook you within that time, they will then look at other airlines.  

With EZAir - if they refund the AC ticket, you would receive that amount back.  You would have to purchase a new ticket at the new cost.   Yes in theory it is the difference between the 2, but they will refund the AC cost when they get it back from the airline, and you still have to purchase the new ticket at the cost it is currently at.  They wont hold on to the refund to apply to the new ticket.  

• Like 1

I heard about this a few weeks ago. I have a nonrefundable flight booked with Air Canada on 9/19. For a backup I booked a refundable United flight. If Air Canada cancels they will have to refund me. If my flight goes I will just cancel the backup flight and get that refund. Did not want to get stuck and miss my trip. It is no fun scrambling trying to get the few open seats with 100K other people. Yours is a little later so better chance you won't be impacted. If it is still a problem by then I wouldn't count on a rebooking. Not enough flights to put folks on.

• Like 1

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/PC_PC_ezair.html

The EZair FAQs might provide some insights which includes this statement:

Guests who book air travel through Princess Cruises will be automatically enrolled in the Princess Late Arrival Protection program. If, on the day of travel, guests miss or will miss their original port of embarkation due to airline delay or an airline service disruption, such as flight cancelation or flight re-routes, Princess will work with the airlines to find a reasonable alternative to provide flights to the next appropriate port at no additional air cost to the guest.

• Like 2

Given that United is Air Canada's Star Alliance partner, United will be picking up the slack during the strike.  Good luck trying to get seats if/when the strike happens.  Thousands will be vying for what few seats are left.  As has been advised, make contingency plans now.

EZAir will try and help as best as they can, but if there is no seat availability, there's nothing they can book you on, so there's nothing they can do.  Lots of people missed their flights and cruising during the CrowdStrike meltdown.  Nothing was taking off, so they were stuck.

On 9/11/2024 at 9:35 PM, Astro Flyer said:

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/travel_transportation_faq/popup/PC_PC_ezair.html

The EZair FAQs might provide some insights which includes this statement:

Guests who book air travel through Princess Cruises will be automatically enrolled in the Princess Late Arrival Protection program. If, on the day of travel, guests miss or will miss their original port of embarkation due to airline delay or an airline service disruption, such as flight cancelation or flight re-routes, Princess will work with the airlines to find a reasonable alternative to provide flights to the next appropriate port at no additional air cost to the guest.

Just remember you did not book with Air Canada.  You bought a seat from EZ Air thus most likely to simply get a refund.

EZ Air does not guarantee to get you to the port only that they will in effect do their best.  Took 3 days to get friends from LA to meet the ship.in Mexico.  Thus never again with EZAIR 

Agree to book an alternative and any price change will be your responsibility.   EZAir most likely refund your fare.

Again, what are the restrictions on the ticket you booked?  Most likely refundable in this situation. Rebook for free elsewhere?  Not likely.