Uber from hotel to port

LindsayC

Hi Everyone

We arrive late at a Sunday evening in October at Fort Lauderdale int airport and booked a hotel (Comfort Suiten Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise port hotel) just to spend the night before boarding the Sapphire Princess on Monday. We are planning to take an Uber to the terminal but I never used Uber before. I do have the app.

Could anyone please advise me if I should pre order an Uber or just order one when we want to go? And would an Uber XL fit 4 people with luggage?

Thank you in advance! 

Lindsay 

We travel as a group of four adults.  Our experience with Uber XL is that the vehicle is a mini-van or an SUV.  Each person in our group travels with a large checked bag and a carry on.  Plenty of room for our luggage, but the back seat is a bit of a squeeze for three adults.  We have used Uber several times in the past five years, and had no problems.

2 hours ago, LindsayC said:

Hi Everyone

We arrive late at a Sunday evening in October at Fort Lauderdale int airport and booked a hotel (Comfort Suiten Fort Lauderdale airport and cruise port hotel) just to spend the night before boarding the Sapphire Princess on Monday. We are planning to take an Uber to the terminal but I never used Uber before. I do have the app.

Could anyone please advise me if I should pre order an Uber or just order one when we want to go? And would an Uber XL fit 4 people with luggage?

Thank you in advance! 

Lindsay 

We have used Uber many times to travel from our pre-cruise hotel to the different Port Everglades terminals. Whenever I called an Uber from the app, they were never more than 5 minutes away, and using the app you can actually watch them in the map display as they approach you. No need to book an Uber in advance down there, you will always find one very close by. BTW, the Sapphire will either be at Terminal 2 or 21. If the Sapphire is the only Princess ship in port that day, then it will be a Terminal 2. The larger, newer Princess ships (which the Sapphire is not) will get T2 otherwise

The only time I have ever pre-booked an Uber was to go from my brother's house to the airport, since it's a bit of a distance. In Ft Lauderdale, there should be no reason to prebook an Uber. Plenty of hotels/airport/cruise traffic.

We live in Fort Lauderdale. In my experience, pre ordering Uber results in a higher price. It's not supposed to be that way, but it consistently comes out less expensive to order on demand.

You won't have to wait long at all for a ride. There are Uber and Lyft galore here.

4 hours ago, POA1 said:

We live in Fort Lauderdale. In my experience, pre ordering Uber results in a higher price. It's not supposed to be that way, but it consistently comes out less expensive to order on demand.

You won't have to wait long at all for a ride. There are Uber and Lyft galore here.

That's pretty much our experience as well. As a local, do you find surge pricing to be an issue between FLL, the local hotels and Port Everglades? Are there any particular times that we might see possible surge pricing? I would think popular cruise days like weekends might see more of it but we have never encountered it...yet.