"Solo meet and Greet" Worst case scenario...

On 9/12/2024 at 10:39 PM, yakcruiser said:

Try your roll call for your cruise. You might find folks with similar interests. And if you show up for trivia by yourself you might find a team that needs another player and will invite you to join them.

My husband never played trivia with me, so I was always solo.  Usually a group would ask me to join or a few times I asked people if I could join them.  I rarely played alone,

• Like 1

I was on a solo cruise last month, and I kind of got dragged into one of the solo meet ups (I just happened to be in the Spinnaker when it was going on). I HATED it. I spent 5 min in the group, then bailed as fast as a I could. It was way too much "forced fun" for me. There were icebreaker questions and stuff, and some "wooo!" girls in that group. 😆

I ended up meeting some lovely people organically and had great conversations with them, but doing a scheduled meet-up was not for me. I cruise solo so I DON'T have to talk to people. 😄

Someone I met on a cruise who was solo met alot of people at the trivia games. She even became part of a trivia group and met up regularly at each trivia event. She ended up doing things alot with her trivia new friends.