Sitka Port tours with meeting point outside port area

Going in 2 weeks on the Eurodam. Not taking a tour as we have been there before but want to go to The totem park. Last time we went we could walk, a good ways, from the tender. So question I have is, is there a shuttle(free) for those that want to go into town?

9 minutes ago, lb0103 said:

Going in 2 weeks on the Eurodam. Not taking a tour as we have been there before but want to go to The totem park. Last time we went we could walk, a good ways, from the tender. So question I have is, is there a shuttle(free) for those that want to go into town?

Yes there is a free shuttle from Port to town (and back).

Are you on the Sept 28 sailing?

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Sitka has had a dock facility about 6 miles outside of town for a number of years now. It can handle 2 ships at a time. We were there Wednesday on the Eurodam and our neighbor was Quantum of the Seas. We looked very small compared to it! Some ships still tender but not to the area around the Centennial Hall. They tender to an area under the Japonski bridge. 

They don't always use that area for tenders. In 2019, we tendered to the dock in town. It was more convenient than the shuttle to the port.

On 9/14/2024 at 1:50 PM, woodinville cruisers said:

The tour people said that nobody else had found this unacceptable.

This comment made to you by shore excursion staff is unacceptable,

and did nothing to help you. It makes no difference if the pick up arrangements were acceptable to everyone else. They were not acceptable to you. Perhaps shore ex should go back to issuing paper tickets with specific details about the meeting place and time to reduce any misunderstanding. .

I was on the same cruise, and remember the warning from the Eurodam that "another ship" (unnamed) would be docking next to us that morning, and that we should scurry to get on the 

shuttles before this anonymous ship arrived. You can imagine everyone's horror when they saw it was the Quantum of the Seas.

12 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

This comment made to you by shore excursion staff is unacceptable,

and did nothing to help you. It makes no difference if the pick up arrangements were acceptable to everyone else. They were not acceptable to you. Perhaps shore ex should go back to issuing paper tickets with specific details about the meeting place and time to reduce any misunderstanding. .

I was on the same cruise, and remember the warning from the Eurodam that "another ship" (unnamed) would be docking next to us that morning, and that we should scurry to get on the 

shuttles before this anonymous ship arrived. You can imagine everyone's horror when they saw it was the Quantum of the Seas.

I agree that shrugging off a passenger complaint is not acceptable. 

I can't remember if we were warned when I was on a ship docked there with a huge NCL amusement park ship. I just remember that we were first to arrive and I went out early.

Checking what else will be docked with us is part of my pre-trip research. I use whatsinport. They have a new function that shows port load for all the stops on your cruise. 

• Like 1