CBD Infused Hair Product

kalmich

Just now, sparks1093 said:

Don't know about anywhere else but we have several small businesses here in Vermont that manufacture CBD. They are not affiliated with the pharmacies at all. It is these types of businesses that I think of when I think of CBD and the possibility of it being manufactured correctly in order to be legal under federal law. 

We're not speaking just about CBD though - we're speaking about the massive number of things (all supplements, CBD, food, compounded drugs, etc., etc.) that aren't "FDA approved".

There are a huge number of things that aren't FDA approved. That doesn't mean they are illegal. It doesn't mean they can't/couldn't be tested. They just don't require FDA approval.

There are huge number of things are 100% federally legal that the FDA does not have the legal power to test.

12 minutes ago, aborgman said:

We're not speaking just about CBD though - we're speaking about the massive number of things (all supplements, CBD, food, compounded drugs, etc., etc.) that aren't "FDA approved".

There are a huge number of things that aren't FDA approved. That doesn't mean they are illegal. It doesn't mean they can't/couldn't be tested. They just don't require FDA approval.

There are huge number of things are 100% federally legal that the FDA does not have the legal power to test.

Right and I was just responding to your comment about pharmacies being made bankrupt. I imagine there are a good number of supplements as well that are also made by small businesses throughout the country. But to stick to the point of the thread given all of the different businesses making CBD and with only some of it possibly passing muster banning all of it is the safest course of action.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

but you claimed Carnival owned the dogs. How can both be correct?

Same way I can say that I checked my luggage for bananas, and my wife checked my luggage for apples.  There's more than one dog.

Carnival has dogs they "employ" (utilize) for banned substance detection (e.g. Pot, CBD apparently), and the TSA may have dogs they use for same or other substance detection (bomb-making materials, maybe also drugs).

47 minutes ago, aborgman said:

The required research, that already exists, would bankrupt compound pharmacies?

The required research, which is regularly done by large supplement manufacturers without going bankrupt, would bankrupt the companies?

Lots of things which don't require FDA approval - have all the data that would be necessary for FDA approval, and sometimes way more. A number of states have MORE stringent requirements for compounding drugs than the FDA has for mass manufacture drugs.

Everything to do with "port security" - which you claimed TSA had nothing to do with.

Turns out that doing security vetting on port workers IS port security.

Turns out that creating training for security workers at ports IS port security.

Turns out running explosives dogs through the parking lots at ports IS port security.

Turns out writing regs for X-Ray/millimeter wave scanners to be used in ports IS port security.

What research has been done in compounded drugs for all conditions? Or any conditions?

TSA makes information available to those who ask 

Most ports are NOT cruise ports. That port security is irrelevant 

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Same way I can say that I checked my luggage for bananas, and my wife checked my luggage for apples.  There's more than one dog.

I don't know about you, but I have never been screened by more than one dog. So does the dog now have joint (no pun intended), ownership?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't know about you, but I have never been screened by more than one dog. So does the dog now have joint (no pun intended), ownership?

You've never knowingly been screened by more than one dog, perhaps.  You don't know what dog sniffing is going on with your checked luggage or at the car you parked in the terminal parking lot or...

As others have mentioned, TSA is not as likely to be involved in dog sniffing the embarking pax in-person for drugs, so you will probably only encounter Carnival's team.  The TSA dogs will be more likely sniffing you and especially your luggage upon return.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

56 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You've never knowingly been screened by more than one dog, perhaps.  You don't know what dog sniffing is going on with your checked luggage or at the car you parked in the terminal parking lot or...

As others have mentioned, TSA is not as likely to be involved in dog sniffing the embarking pax in-person for drugs, so you will probably only encounter Carnival's team.  The TSA dogs will be more likely sniffing you and especially your luggage upon return.

TSA dogs are not trained to detect drugs. 

I definitely know I have not been sniffed by more than one dog. I never mentioned luggage. I've also seen dogs running over supplies prior to loading on a ship.

My most recent cruises this year I was sniffed by exactly zero dogs. This tells me it is port specific 

I doubt TSA has anything to do with returning passengers/luggage. That would be CBP.

Edited by BlerkOne

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

What research has been done in compounded drugs for all conditions? Or any conditions?

Umm... compounded drugs are the same as commercially manufactured drugs, just made in compounding pharmacies. What research has been done? All the research that originally got the drug approved.

Compounding pharmacy making semaglutide?

All the semaglutide research from Wegovy, Trulicity, Victoza, Ozempic, etc. exists.

That is the equivalent of asking what research has been done on generic drugs. The research was done on the compound when it was initially FDA approved.

"Most ports are NOT cruise ports. That port security is irrelevant "

TSA is involved with security in EVERY US port. Every cruise port. Every commercial port. Every ferry port. Inland ports on the Great Lakes. Pacific ports. Atlantic ports. Gulf of Mexico ports.