Espresso machine in The Spa Cafe by the indoor pool

Kordy

I read somewhere that on Celebrity Ascent, there is a free espresso machine, at The Spa Cafe & Juice Bar on Deck 14 by the indoor pool / Solarium. 

If so, does this machine make a cappuccino or latte and is it really complimentary?

Seems like a great option for those without a drinks package?

IMG_6315.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ascent and Beyond both have one. It’s not real espresso. It’s basically a commercial Keurig machine. The one on Beyond was broken more than it worked. Watching people attempt to use it can be pretty entertaining. 

Are you sure? it does seem like a complimentary espresso machine - as there are fresh coffee beans at the top - see photo:

2024-09-17_092210.png

10 minutes ago, SFCAN said:

Hi Yes, there is an espresso machine and it is complimentary. however, it does not make a cappuccino or latte.

just espresso.

Thank you - see the photo I attached above - it does seem like there is a milk frother on the right and since there is milk available to the right of the machine, maybe I can use the frother to make myself a complimentary cappuccino, while at the pool?

Hello,

From the picture it looks like the one in the DL on Anthem (for about a year).

It makes the full suite of espresso and milk based coffees - both regular and decaf (if set up correctly). Unusually both coffee and milk come out of the same delivery spouts and the wand on the right is for hot water.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kordy said:

Are you sure? it does seem like a complimentary espresso machine - as there are fresh coffee beans at the top - see photo:

2024-09-17_092210.png

It's not legitimate espresso. Think gas station coffee dispenser "latte". What you get is basically extremely condensed drip coffee. If that is fine with you, then you won't have a problem with it.

This is from Apex (I think?) - ignore all of the "expresso" labels.....

Similar machine on Beyond. This may be the one where we did all of the people watching as they were mystified at their 2oz coffee. I think this one was espresso only. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It's not legitimate espresso. Think gas station coffee dispenser "latte". What you get is basically extremely condensed drip coffee. If that is fine with you, then you won't have a problem with it.

This is from Apex (I think?) - ignore all of the "expresso" labels.....

Similar machine on Beyond. This may be the one where we did all of the people watching as they were mystified at their 2oz coffee. I think this one was espresso only. 

Hello,

No, that is not the same one as on Anthem.

Regards,

Cublet