Princess App can't count days to embarkation?

Need-a-vacation

19 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Well, I was just sharing my opinion as well. Are only certain opinions , observations and ideas welcome? Im sorry you didnt appreciate mine. I hope you have a glorious day.

Fair. I apologize. 

Your post felt dismissive but I acknowledge that may just have been my interpretation and not your intent. Either way I shouldn't have commented.

53 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Fair. I apologize. 

Your post felt dismissive but I acknowledge that may just have been my interpretation and not your intent. Either way I shouldn't have commented.

You have zero need to apologize. Tone can be so easily lost on a message board . Wasn’t meant to be dismissive . I’m always amused at how we all are bothered by different things. All good and have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

With all the issues in the app, this really isn't one. It considers a day 24 hours. If it is less than 24 hours, it will round down. Only counts complete 24 hr periods.  Is it really that annoying to people?

No, not a big deal.  For me it is just a head scratcher why there is a glitch with something as simple as this.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rheathslc said:

For me it depends on what time of day I check. 

These are both from just now. Showing the same number of days. After about 12 noon the app will change to be 59 but the website will continue to show 60 until after midnight tonight. I have tested this. Because I'm odd and like to do that kind of thing. 😁

Screenshot_20240917_103444_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a17e858a61a38d98d938fee481d78032.jpg

9 hours ago, rheathslc said:

Update: It is now 12:15pm local time (mountain) and the app still shows 60 days. 🤷‍♀️

Perhaps it's 1pm my time which would be 12pm Pacific, ie "Ship Time" where the cruise departs from.

I know most folks probably couldn't care less about this but I find it entertaining to try to figure it out.

Another update: I checked at 1:03pm mountain time and the app showed 59 days. So sometime between 12:15 and 1:03 it rolled over.

And I found something that I think may be a clue. This shows that the "Arrival Time" on day one is 12:30pm. So maybe 12:30 Pacific Time is when it will change each day. I will test this theory tomorrow.

Screenshot_20240917_131142_Princess.thumb.jpg.c9ceeda3cdc26d830c3524212519eb55.jpg

• Like 2

Wow. I'm amazed at the robust response for such a simple thing.  I'm definitely not worried or annoyed about it, although it did prompt me to double check that I didn't have a senior moment and register the wrong date in my head! 

I totally agree that it's a super low priority issue.  And I have no expectations of princess spending any effort to fix it.  It's just a curiosity.

As a data and reporting geek, it does present an interesting question of exactly how would one write up the requirements for this feature? What would most users expect to see? I am painfully aware the date math is stupidly obnoxious, and adding the time component and timezones (especially DST) to it makes it totally nuts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

No, not a big deal.  For me it is just a head scratcher why there is a glitch with something as simple as this.   

Agree.

However I did get that call from Princess higher up over my numerous website & app issues yesterday.

It has been 5 months now with no fix- giving me freebies etc that they will not fix.  They are very frustrated and they know about the glitches, errors and conflicts in what is booked and what our accounts say.

There are many people having these issues and many different kinds of errors.

Never said they are fixing it.

Just expect to get what you paid for regarding packages, bids etc.- no freebies like Premier packages.

On 9/17/2024 at 9:36 AM, rheathslc said:

For me it depends on what time of day I check. 

These are both from just now. Showing the same number of days. After about 12 noon the app will change to be 59 but the website will continue to show 60 until after midnight tonight. I have tested this. Because I'm odd and like to do that kind of thing. 😁

Screenshot_20240917_103444_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a17e858a61a38d98d938fee481d78032.jpg

I've saved this cruise for next year as I want to go from my home port at least ONCE .... mind if I follow you? Wondering if embarkation is a lot better than 2022. Maybe that fiasco was only due to covid 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I've saved this cruise for next year as I want to go from my home port at least ONCE .... mind if I follow you? Wondering if embarkation is a lot better than 2022. Maybe that fiasco was only due to covid 

I plan on doing a "live from" for this one. And I'm staying on for the 5-day Thanksgiving California coastal after as well. You're certainly welcome to follow. 😀

• Like 1