Alaska 2026 Holland America Verandah sold out already?

Sandstrand

My family was planning a 2025 Alaskan, either on Princess or Holland America. We had done a bit of research and of the 9 Holland Americ itineraries that fit our schedule, four were sold out of verandahs, which several of us want.

After discussion, we agreed to delay to summer 2026. It looks as though those itineraries were released within the last month, but all of the verandahs are sold out on the dates we're considering. 

Do these just get reserved immediately and eventually released when people cancel, are they really not yet released, and will be later in the year?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

For the 2026 cruises, I think this has to do with tying some cabins to the land tour options. It has been reported in the past.

As far as 2025, they are probably sold out. There is always the possibility cabins will come available near final payment, but can you wait that long?

In either case, are you willing to take the "Guarantee" booking option? That would be the "Let us pick your cabin" option. That might be the best way around this problem.

This is a question better asked on the Holland America board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/103-holland-america-line/

I just checked for 1 person and there’s tons of balcony rooms available for Alaska 2026 - maybe they have a limit of balcony cabins for more than 2 people? Like if you’re trying to fit 4 in a room you may need to get two rooms instead with two people per room.

Bruce--Thanks. That makes sense (from Holland America's perspective, anyway). I'll check on the other board.

Faels--I'm only searching for 2 right now. I checked the Holland America site and the CruiseCritic search, both show no balcony availability for Glacier Discovery in June 2026.

Something is going on with HAL and Princess when it comes to their pricing.  Recently, I was checking on a 14-day cruise to Alaska.  Both lines showed no availability for balcony, only inside.  Yet, when I went and tried to book two 7-day cruises (northbound and southbound) which encompassed the 14-day cruise I was researching there was balcony availability.  HMMMM, how could that be if the website said no availability.  Thinking that the website might be wrong, I confronted TWO future cruise sales consultants (on different days) during my August cruise and asked them about the the sold out vs discovered availability.  I was told very sternly that yes, the 14-day balcony cabins were NOT available but if I wanted to purchase the two 7-day (containing the EXACT itinerary as the 14-day) balconies then there would be balcony availability.  I mentioned that the 14-day cruises are usually cheaper than doing the two 7-day cruises so I really wasn't interested and thanked them for their time.  Oh, and the representatives reminded me that Alalska is a very popular cruise and if I was interested I should book ASAP.

Trying to book cruises is getting more challenging and I no longer have patience for games (just my opinion).  So, I gave up on waiting for Princess to do their "thing."  We have sailed with Celebrity quite a few times and I decided it was time to revisit them.  Found a nice itinerary that we liked and booked it. 

• Like 1