Beverage price list

RainyValleySunshine

There are other threads showing actual price list images, but if memory serves, most common drinks are about $8. The general rule of thumb is that the SSBP only makes sense (from a purely financial sense) if both people in a cabin will drink >2 drinks per day. Remember that beer at wine at lunch and dinner are free so they don't count against that.

Note that some people choose the package for other reasons (perceived simplicity, etc.)

• Like 1

I’ll add that if you’re considering it for the wine, there is nothing exclusive on the wine list. Everything is available for sale. The beverage package is only a different way to pay. Only certain wines are available by the glass and only those are covered by the package, although the package does give you a bottle discount. 

Also Viking has a liberal bring your own policy. Never a corking charge.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RainyValleySunshine said:

Can anyone help me find the thread with the price list images?

Thanks!

Here is a thread from last year. I believe the prices are the same. We were on the Venus last month and the cocktail prices are as listed in this thread.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

3 hours ago, RainyValleySunshine said:

Thank you - these were helpful!

Still not sure which way to go!

We’ve never purchased it as we’re not big drinkers. Our last bar bill on a two-week cruise was $150. DH is usually fine with the included wines; I usually order a la carte (but don’t even drink every meal). We each have a cocktail every couple of days, but not every day. Plus, there have been numerous free libations at times, sparkling wine when returning from some excursions, parties at the pool grill with tropical drinks, captain’s welcome and farewell in Star Theater. And if you’re in a PV or above, you’ll get the little mini bottles of whisky, gin, vodka, rum daily, plus beer, or can get a bottle of wine instead. IMO, the bev pkg is way over priced.

On 9/18/2024 at 4:56 PM, RainyValleySunshine said:

Thank you - these were helpful!

Still not sure which way to go!

Whatever you decide, you can always keep track of your consumption, then do the math after the fact. That will give you the financial picture - you’ll have to apply any ‘soft’ considerations as they suit you. 

That’ll give you a reference point for another cruise should you decide to take one. 🥌🍺

1 hour ago, CurlerRob said:

Whatever you decide, you can always keep track of your consumption, then do the math after the fact. That will give you the financial picture - you’ll have to apply any ‘soft’ considerations as they suit you. 

That’ll give you a reference point for another cruise should you decide to take one. 🥌🍺

This is exactly what we do.  In about 12 cruises we’ve taken (and we even got a tabulation of our alcohol on the world cruise….which covered alcohol) we range from drinking 1/3-1/2 what the SS package pays.  Viking provides a tabulation on your final bill so it’s easy to figure this out.  

For us, it’s not so much the saving money but more feeling like we need to drink something, even if we don’t want to drink just to not feel like it’s being wasted.  

15 hours ago, zalusky said:

My wife is diabetic and does not drink alcohol except maybe a sip.  Has anybody gotten the ship to give a pass on the both people in the cabin must but the SSBP rule for such situations beyond the must be 21 rule.

My memory of past posts is that several pax have asked the question and been denied, as it becomes a tricky question for the cruise lines to deal with. 

I’d suggest reaching out to tellus@vikingcruises.com for an authoritative answer. 🥌🍺

• Like 1