Cruisecare coverage

Hi, Does anyone know where to find the details on the cruise care that is bought when booking a cruise on the celebrity website?  My booking document said i purchased it, but i cant find the details as to what it actually covers. In particular, if it covers cancel for any reason. I cant remember if it covered that and i could swear it did and i would received 90% of my money back, but for some reason, i cant find that doc anywhere.

thx

That has changed to 90% . I have a copy of the policy that is updated on line. I also spoke with someone there just a few days ago. Be aware that any health changes within 60 days of cruise date, different prescription, new prescription, new condition , etc.  will qualify as "pre-existing condition", making coverage for medical conditions null and void. So the fall back is to the 90% future cruise credit. 

• Like 1

Thanks.  we dont have a reason to cancel, i just want to cancel and rebook because even with the 10% i will loose, i will still save money because our cruise has dropped almost 20% since final payment.  

Thanks again

9 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Thanks.  we dont have a reason to cancel, i just want to cancel and rebook because even with the 10% i will loose, i will still save money because our cruise has dropped almost 20% since final payment.  

Thanks again

Interesting approach. Do you plan on using the future cruise certificate on the same sailing or to book a different sailing within a year? Some FCC's state that they can only be used for the cruise cost - not other stuff like pre paid gratuities, etc. - and that you will forgo any value over the amount paid. Also, will they refund 90% of the cost of the insurance and do you plan on purchasing insurance on the trip??  Booking a future cruise on board and then using the FCC probably gets you the best outcome but be sure to review the details. Keeping what you have, and not letting the fact that someone booking last minute received a better deal drive your decision making, may very well be a fine option. 

1 hour ago, billc23 said:

Interesting approach. Do you plan on using the future cruise certificate on the same sailing or to book a different sailing within a year? Some FCC's state that they can only be used for the cruise cost - not other stuff like pre paid gratuities, etc. - and that you will forgo any value over the amount paid. Also, will they refund 90% of the cost of the insurance and do you plan on purchasing insurance on the trip??  Booking a future cruise on board and then using the FCC probably gets you the best outcome but be sure to review the details. Keeping what you have, and not letting the fact that someone booking last minute received a better deal drive your decision making, may very well be a fine option. 

Were probably going to do exactly what you said and book a future cruise on board with the refund.  Wife is working it out today.  And just so folks dont think we are quibbling over a couple of hundred dollars, its over $3k less so worth our time to recoup some of the on another cruise. thx