20% off Shore Excursion again

canadarocks

3 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Might be common knowledge, but if not..... the 20% discount on Shore Excursions is back on. 😃

What cruises are showing these discounts please? I have 2 cruises booked for Australia and New Zealand and 1 for Northern Europe. None are showing discounts.

Thanks!!

seachelt

5 hours ago, Adam&Eve said:

I'm in Australia with 3 cruises booked but am not seeing any reduction in excursion pricing.

I’m in Australia too and received an email from Princess yesterday. The link in the email didn’t work so I went to the app and could book from there. It showed a discounted rate but the “original” rate was significantly more than we paid months ago, so the savings weren’t that great. We had big problems with Princess a few weeks back trying to get a refund for another cancelled excursion and decided the sale wasn’t worth the anguish if we cancelled another. Our cruise is to South America / Antarctica. 

In 16 years cruising Australia /NZ  ( and further afield)  have never seen or been offered any discount on excursions.  Prices just going sky high in the past few months.  One excursion I booked earlier this year for $259 is now $350 and that is after one of the activities has been deleted.  I just hope the tour operator is getting a good cut of the increase.

• Like 1

I purchased excursions using my credit card months ago and some are now on sale. If I cancel and rebook, will the refund be applied to this credit card? It appears on my app that it no longer displays the qty of tickets remaining for each excursion unless there are 2 or less available or is waitlisted. 
Has anyone had an experience where an excursion is sold out even when it doesn’t show any limitations in quantity?

7 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Hmm - must be for specific locations only.  We have 4 cruises booked - 1 on the west coast, 1 in the Caribbean, and 2 in Europe, and none of them show this 20% off.

The sale I’m seeing is “Up To 20% off for Caribbean”.  It is showing when I log in to “manage my booking”.  The cruise is 2025.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
Added to reply
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, jshli said:

I purchased excursions using my credit card months ago and some are now on sale. If I cancel and rebook, will the refund be applied to this credit card? It appears on my app that it no longer displays the qty of tickets remaining for each excursion unless there are 2 or less available or is waitlisted. 
Has anyone had an experience where an excursion is sold out even when it doesn’t show any limitations in quantity?

I cancelled two excursions and the refund was instantaneous back to the original OBC and card. I rebooked straight away. 

Just now, lx200gps said:

I'm seeing many at 30, 40 and even almost 50% off. Quite a deal for those of us with more OBC than we can handle, especially since excursions are the one thing that can be booked in advance using that OBC.

I wish I could use my shareholder OBC for my 2025 cruise to buy excursions (I can't apply for the shareholder benefit until sometime in November - and by then the sale will be long gone).  

I'm looking at Mexican Riviera excursions and some of the original prices don't seem correct.

For example, a 4.5 hour, easy Puerto Vallarta city tour:

Original price = $184.95 per person

Sale price = $44.95 per person

Absolutely no way did the original price say $184.95 per person when I looked at excursions several weeks ago. A basic city tour is definitely not that original price.

39 minutes ago, MLBFan24 said:

I'm looking at Mexican Riviera excursions and some of the original prices don't seem correct.

Absolutely no way did the original price say $184.95 per person when I looked at excursions several weeks ago. A basic city tour is definitely not that original price.

Princess may be employing a variation of the old Sears trick of doubling the price then marking it down 50% to make us think we're getting a great deal  ;o)  I never really took notice of what the original excursion prices were on our next four booked trips as they were originally so stupidly expensive, but I do know that now a few of the excursions are interesting to us with these big "markdowns".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLBFan24 said:

I was seeing the same thing on my Mexican Riviera booking.   I am pretty sure that it is a glitch in the system for the original prices marked are way out of line (as you point out) and inconsistent.

• Like 1

South America is part of this promotion.  For me 2 out of 3 were "sale" priced, I cancelled and re-booked with ease.  1 "sale" price was more than when I booked.  LOL!

To get an idea if this is really a deal or not I also look at the shore excursions without signing under onboard our ships.

8 hours ago, Essex Racer said:

I think it is just Caribbean cruises.

I am not convinced its a true discount but have booked. The excursion supposedly is reduced from $110 to $65, be interesting to see what it is priced at after the weekend when the discount finishes.

The discount is applicable to the December 2024 Antarctica cruise. I've rebooked all my excursions to the lower price.

15 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

South America is part of this promotion.  For me 2 out of 3 were "sale" priced, I cancelled and re-booked with ease.  1 "sale" price was more than when I booked.  LOL!

To get an idea if this is really a deal or not I also look at the shore excursions without signing under onboard our ships.

Which excursion was more?

I just cancelled a shore excursion that I paid for with my credit card and rebooked it immediately at the sale price. It did not let me use my credit card to rebook but only gave me the option to “use my credit” (I do not have any OBC.) Does this mean that the difference between the regular and sale price will be applied to the credit card that I used to make the original reservation?

Is it done this way because I rebooked immediately?