Few harvest caye question

A few questions about HC:

Is the water generally calm or rough, or too variable to say?  I recall trying to kayak and paddle board at GSC and it was nearly impossible because the water was so rough.  I might like to do those activities if it’s calm water.

Are credit cards accepted for everything or might I need cash?  I’d prefer not to carry cash.  I might not buy anything at all but you never know.

Is it possible to take a beer or other alcoholic drink(s) off the ship to the island to avoid spending money? I have read food and drinks are pricey.  I thought I could put a cocktail into one of the metal water bottles for transport to the beach.

I haven't done HC yet so can't really answer with any factual answers. That said... I have never had someone check what is in my water bottle to get off the ship... 

Hope others can answer 1 & 2... I do have a dock day there in a future booked sailing. 

I will tell you that in January 2024 we missed it on Epic because it was either too rough or too windy to dock. I don’t remember which. We missed that and Costa Maya and went to Cozumel twice. 

4 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I will tell you that in January 2024 we missed it on Epic because it was either too rough or too windy to dock. I don’t remember which. We missed that and Costa Maya and went to Cozumel twice. 

Oh I really hope we don't miss Costa Maya, I booked Maya Chan and I'm so looking forward to it. But I know they will give a refund if the ship doesn't dock.  

10 minutes ago, JSar said:

I haven't done HC yet so can't really answer with any factual answers. That said... I have never had someone check what is in my water bottle to get off the ship... 

Hope others can answer 1 & 2... I do have a dock day there in a future booked sailing. 

Thanks, my water bottle booze plan should save me a few bucks!

3 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

A few questions about HC:

Is the water generally calm or rough, or too variable to say?  I recall trying to kayak and paddle board at GSC and it was nearly impossible because the water was so rough.  I might like to do those activities if it’s calm water.

Are credit cards accepted for everything or might I need cash?  I’d prefer not to carry cash.  I might not buy anything at all but you never know.

Is it possible to take a beer or other alcoholic drink(s) off the ship to the island to avoid spending money? I have read food and drinks are pricey.  I thought I could put a cocktail into one of the metal water bottles for transport to the beach.

The Kayaking and paddle board areas are on the lagoon side I believe, so it is rather calm.  

You do not need any cash unless you were handing out a cash tip to someone.  CC's are accepted at all bars, restaurants, and shops.

I'm guessing you cannot conspicuously carry alcohol off the ship.  Didn't try and frankly wouldn't bother.  Its not like you can drag a cooler of stuff off the ship.  If you really are concerned about food and drink, you can simply return to the ship for lunch and then return outside...just a long pier to trek back onboard.

3 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

The Kayaking and paddle board areas are on the lagoon side I believe, so it is rather calm.  

You do not need any cash unless you were handing out a cash tip to someone.  CC's are accepted at all bars, restaurants, and shops.

I'm guessing you cannot conspicuously carry alcohol off the ship.  Didn't try and frankly wouldn't bother.  Its not like you can drag a cooler of stuff off the ship.  If you really are concerned about food and drink, you can simply return to the ship for lunch and then return outside...just a long pier to trek back onboard.

Thank you so much for your info!