Removing items from baggage

Beano53

15 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

It had already started here with Royal because of our 240V. The US is catching up. They say surge protected on some cruise line T&C's here, and they say no power boards (strips) on others. On top of that, X-ray staff are not necessarily qualified to tell between A&B, so will confiscate anyway. Over the past 10 years, I have watched the electrical confiscation table grow in size each year.

Makes some sort of sense - a cabin with 4 power outlets would be presumed to be rated to power 4 appliances, not multiples of appliances plugged into power boards. We haven't packed a board since covid restart. We pack US and Euro pin adaptors to get extra outlets, as well as double outlet power bricks - both are light to pack and safer for everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Your Micellar in an appropriately labelled bottle is OK though, even though there is a distrust that Listerine bottles may contain Creme de Menthe, and shampoo bottles can contain Baileys etc. It is the same reason that they prohibit bottles of Iced "Scotch" Tea and Spring "Vodka" water.

The local cruise lines, particularly P&O, got bored with the charade. Not only were people trying to get some sly grog aboard, they were sharing their tips here, travel blogs & social media. Rum Runners were popular, and you could even buy replacement soft drink bottle caps on ebay to factory seal your home made premix. No sense of humour indeed, but people had been taking the mickey out of their rules for years.

Anybody bringing Creme de Menthe should be barred from boarding anyway!😉

• Like 1

I see the OP has not replied to the thread.... maybe they are too embarrased about what they had confiscated?

I remember when we did our cruise in 2018 I was reading the passenger contract (celebrity) and they had a list of what was prohibited to bring on the cruise.... there was all the usual stuff like firearms, ammunition, knives, fireworks...etc... but at the bottom they had 'kayak'.

I'm assuming someone had once turned up at the embarkation port with a kayak... and because it wasn't on the prohibited list they were allowed to take it on board?

when we dropped our bags off they had 2 guys there taking the suitcases waving a multibox saying if we have one to remove it from the suitcase as it is not prohibited

38 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

I see the OP has not replied to the thread.... maybe they are too embarrased about what they had confiscated?

Yes, their post does seem to have been written in a hasty "vent while I'm still mad about it" kind of way. That mood where ten minutes later you realise it isn't that big a deal.