Enchanted Princess Mini-suite selection - deck 8 or 15?

curlymason

Hi all!  It’s been years since I’ve been on a Princess cruise, and never on this class of ship. I’m trying to choose between Deck 8 Aft over the lounge or Deck 15 under either the pool deck or the buffet. Any opinions?  I’m not sure which will be quieter for my afternoon naps 🤣

Thanks!!

Deck 8 over the lounge. Rarely any late night music or noise there whereas under the pool deck or buffet will have early morning chair scraping or pool pump noise, all day chairs being dragged around or trolleys over the hard surface floor in the buffet, etc. way more chance of noise on 15.

Plus, lower down, less movement overall..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Deck 8 over the lounge. Rarely any late night music or noise there whereas under the pool deck or buffet will have early morning chair scraping or pool pump noise, all day chairs being dragged around or trolleys over the hard surface floor in the buffet, etc. way more chance of noise on 15.

Plus, lower down, less movement overall..

Thank you!! That was my line of reasoning as well. I just wanted to confirm it since I haven’t been on this ship before! 

Was there no third or fourth choice?  I have been under the pool deck on another Princess ship and it was quiet (it was Alaska) but Enchanted in June would have been another story. But I’d rather deal with noise during the day than at night.

5 minutes ago, landlocked12 said:

We had an aft mini suite on the Emerald princess a few years ago that was directly under the lounge. Reedprincess is correct. There wasn’t any noise when we were trying to sleep, and we liked being able to take the stairs to the restaurants and bars. 

You'd have been over the lounge on Emerald Deck (8) on Emerald Princess - not under. Deck 9, Dolphin, is all cabins...

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 2

@curlymason I would choose deck  8 because there’s cabins above your head and not public space. That would be my first choice.
Depends on what category mini suite you would be choosing for deck 15. There are some cabins that have cabins above your head and some public areas.

Edited by arizonaperson

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Deck 8.  We're night owls, so usually the ones closing down the bars/nightclub.

same!! If there’s something going on in the lounge at night, I’m likely in there anyway 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SKCruiser007 said:

Another vote for Emerald Deck (8.) That is where we usually stay. Very infrequently do we hear bass thumping from the lounge below.

I can handle that…I mainly didn’t want chairs clattering overhead at 6 am. I am NOT a morning person lol