B2B, different cabin. How does that work?

land64shark

I have an upcoming Transatlantic trip followed by a 7 day cruise. Same ship, but different cabin. Cruises were booked separately, one through Princess and the other through Chase Travel with points. The turnaround will be Barcelona. The ship is due in to Barcelona at 6:00am and the next cruise departs at 5:00pm. I have never been to Barcelona and would like to plan an excursion. What will my day look like?

Toss the all.your bathroom and loose stuff in your suitcase.  Leave things on hangers.  Cabin attendant will move to your new cabin.

You will be notified the evening ahead where and when to meet to get set up for the n ext cruise.  

In Barcelona we have always gone into town.  No wait getting back on board.

Very easy.

Plan away.  You choose what you do.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, land64shark said:

For Barcelona planning purposes, when will I be off of the ship? Do I need to do anything when I return to the ship? As in, do I need to return earlier? Will I "have" to disembark the ship early in Barcelona?

We were on a back to back in Barcelona and it was like any other port day. There was no requirement for us to leave the ship at all. We left around 12:30 to meet friends for lunch.  If I were you, I’d want to get my valuables into the safe in my new cabin rather than carry them around but otherwise you should be able to enjoy the day on shore. People have to vacate cabins by 8:00 so you should have plenty of time. The steward is usually easy to find if your medallion isn’t working for your new cabin at that time. They will be aware that you are moving cabins from the prior segment.

• Like 1