Old Premier automatically upgraded to New Premier on b2b???

Mara4166

We have a cruise booked for next April and booked Premier a few months ago.  This was before the new premier started and we were happy with it.  Well last week we decided to book another cruise before it and do a b2b and also book premier (the new premier). 

Well I went to book my speciality restaurants a for the new cruise and it worked as expected.  I could make bookings with no charge.  I had already booked the 2 SD for the 2nd cruise with the old premier. All set I had what I wanted for both cruises.

Well, as an experiment I did a trial booking on the 2nd cruise with old premier and it was letting me book a 3rd SD with no cost.  I guess Princess linked the 2 bookings and transferred the New premier from the 1st cruise onto the 2nd and upgraded it.  I did not make the booking since we are happy with what we have and do not want to risk being charged for it once on the ship.  But, I found it interesting that the 2 cruises appear to be linked and the new premier appears to extend across both cruises.  We do not need more SD reservations and are unlikely to go beyond 15 alcoholic drinks a day so it is unlikely it will actually make any difference to us, but it is another Princess IT bug.

19 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Shhh ...

I did not buy a package. Blocked from buying one, but my app & website keep going between my having the old and the new premier package. They can’t/ won’t fix it and I have to wait until I get on ship to buy a package if I want one. It is not a free upgrade.

probably OPs is error too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dog said:

I did not buy a package. Blocked from buying one, but my app & website keep going between my having the old and the new premier package. They can’t/ won’t fix it and I have to wait until I get on ship to buy a package if I want one. It is not a free upgrade.

Well, what do you know?

My app & website is currently being corrected after 5 months. Still cannot purchase a package, but tells me to contact TA.

so there's hope for others...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dog said:

Most likely it is an error.  Since we do not need any more SD meals and are unlikely to have more than 15 drinks we will not know unless we ask someone on board during the original (old premier) part of the cruise.

Edited by Mara4166

19 hours ago, Mara4166 said:

We have a cruise booked for next April and booked Premier a few months ago.  This was before the new premier started and we were happy with it.  Well last week we decided to book another cruise before it and do a b2b and also book premier (the new premier). 

Well I went to book my speciality restaurants a for the new cruise and it worked as expected.  I could make bookings with no charge.  I had already booked the 2 SD for the 2nd cruise with the old premier. All set I had what I wanted for both cruises.

Well, as an experiment I did a trial booking on the 2nd cruise with old premier and it was letting me book a 3rd SD with no cost.  I guess Princess linked the 2 bookings and transferred the New premier from the 1st cruise onto the 2nd and upgraded it.  I did not make the booking since we are happy with what we have and do not want to risk being charged for it once on the ship.  But, I found it interesting that the 2 cruises appear to be linked and the new premier appears to extend across both cruises.  We do not need more SD reservations and are unlikely to go beyond 15 alcoholic drinks a day so it is unlikely it will actually make any difference to us, but it is another Princess IT bug.

Hey, if it works out that way aboard, it's a win for you. If it doesn't, and the 2nd cruise reverts to the old Premier, which is what you bought, no loss.  

What matters is what your travel summary lists for each sailing,but if you're not charged, and your reservation stands, "bank error in your favor".. 

Hopefully, you'll let us know when/after you sail...

It may eventually correct itself on the App.  I had a similar experience, booking wifi on one cruise, added a b2b and it showed I had the wifi for both cruises.  Which, I had only purchased it for the one original cruise.

A couple of months later, it changed itself and showed correctly.  

Check your travel summary.

• Like 1