Carnival Pride Room Question

kathew

We've decided to book a last-minute cruise over the holidays, and we have two options: extended balconies (like 8161) or an obstructed view right by a lifeboat (5136).

Both options are basically the same price, but I'm having difficulty choosing because we are extremely light sleepers. We also like to go to bed early, around 9 PM, and wake up around 4:30 AM. Does anyone have advice about the noise level from the floor above during these hours? I'm not sure if the extended balcony is worth the risk of noise.

Stateroom 8161 is directly below the Lido deck were the nightly movies are shown. They sometimes show two movies per night. We wouldn't select stateroom under the Lido deck unless it was under an area that isn't a potential high traffic area. I don't think 5136 is an obstructed view cabin. 

• Like 1

5136 is not obstructed, as in you can see just fine into the distance. But, if you look straight down, you'll see the lifeboat below you, not the ocean.  but it is right by the elevator and stairs. However, the same is true for 8161, but you are three decks higher up from the life boats, so the view down is less hindered. 

8161 is right below the red from rum bar.  

Extended balconies really don't give that much extra room. Unless you have really long legs that tend to hit the railing while sitting on a balcony, you won't notice a difference. 

If it really is an obstructed view (and 5136 is a typo), there are youtube videos of a bunch of the obstructed view cabins, and you can see if it'll bother you.  If you'd be ok with that, I would take that over deck 8.

Thank you all so much for this advice!

I'm so embarrassed, but I did have a typo. It's room 5237. I'm not sure how I messed that up. I did find a Youtube video and the view doesn't look too terribly obstructed. 

9 hours ago, kathew said:

Thank you all so much for this advice!

I'm so embarrassed, but I did have a typo. It's room 5237. I'm not sure how I messed that up. I did find a Youtube video and the view doesn't look too terribly obstructed. 

Looks good!!  Have a great cruise!!

5237 was our cabin 15 years ago when the Pride first moved to Baltimore. Yes there is a lifeboat at the bottom side of the glass but you can still see out. The cabins that have the complete blockage are the rooms toward the front that have the tenders in front of them, not the lifeboats. Not sure if the deck plans still show the outlines of the boats on them, but the first 3 boats on either side of the ship are tenders. In the one pic below, (the one with my bratty kids in it lol) there is a ship across from us in Grand Turk and you can see what a tender looks like on that ship compared to the lifeboat in front of our cabin. The other pic is looking out from the cabin at the parking lot at Baltimore. 

5237.jpg

5237_1.jpg

Edited by DanJ
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2024 at 11:20 AM, DanJ said:

5237 was our cabin 15 years ago when the Pride first moved to Baltimore. Yes there is a lifeboat at the bottom side of the glass but you can still see out. The cabins that have the complete blockage are the rooms toward the front that have the tenders in front of them, not the lifeboats. Not sure if the deck plans still show the outlines of the boats on them, but the first 3 boats on either side of the ship are tenders. In the one pic below, (the one with my bratty kids in it lol) there is a ship across from us in Grand Turk and you can see what a tender looks like on that ship compared to the lifeboat in front of our cabin. The other pic is looking out from the cabin at the parking lot at Baltimore. 

5237.jpg

5237_1.jpg

Just curious, is the pic with the "bratty kids" from 15 years ago?  I have cruise pics like that with my own "bratty kids" 😹 from 15 years (or more) ago.  How time flies....

Edited by ninjacat123

8 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Just curious, is the pic with the "bratty kids" from 15 years ago?  I have cruise pics like that with my own "bratty kids" 😹 from 15 years (or more) ago.  How time flies....

Yep, that was their first cruise, 2009.