Nowhere near LIVE trip report - The Schmoopies' Escape Mediterranean cruise madcap recap

schmoopie17

9 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Didn't have Global Entry...wish we had had it...but won't be getting it, since there will be no more international flights for us.

Ah, too bad. There are now several apps that enable international travelers to bypass the long regular lines for immigration, but if you're done with overseas travel, that wouldn't benefit you. We travel internationally very often, and plan to live overseas starting in about 4 years, so Global Entry (or something equivalent) is an absolute MUST. Also, Global Entry automatically includes TSA Precheck, so we benefit from that domestically, as well. I highly recommend it.

Thank you for your very entertaining and informative review. We are on the Escape in 11 days, taking a similar but not identical route, so I was delighted to read about your great cruise.

We had a fantastic bartender called Jay on our 2018 and 2019 Epic cruises; I wonder if he is the same guy. Your experience with the spicy margarita sounds precisely like something he would do; he knew we loved Matadors and would regularly appear with a couple, even if we were sitting at the bar next door to his.

• Like 1

Loved this informative and entertaining review!  Thank you.  We will be taking an anniversary cruise later this year on the Escape and many of the ports are the same.  This will be our first Mediterranean cruise so all ports are new to us.  We will definitely check out the "Prom" night in Syd Norman's.  I am assuming as a '73 graduate I will recognize all the musical choices! 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, medicalma'am said:

Loved this informative and entertaining review!  Thank you.  We will be taking an anniversary cruise later this year on the Escape and many of the ports are the same.  This will be our first Mediterranean cruise so all ports are new to us.  We will definitely check out the "Prom" night in Syd Norman's.  I am assuming as a '73 graduate I will recognize all the musical choices! 

Most definitely.  You'll love it!

I've been trying to catch up on posts and wanted to save this one until I could actually devote time to reading the entire thread in one sitting. What a great time it seems you had, despite a few hiccups. I'm so happy the food was great! 

As for your writing style, wow! I thought you were just good for one-liners, but naw. Your midwestern prose is simply wonderful. I know you say you won't be traveling internationally (when flights are required), but gosh I hope you fill us in on your travels. Your posts rival those of another cruiser from the Pacific Northwest! I truly enjoyed reading these four pages. Sorry I won't be meeting you and the Mrs. Schmoopie until 2026, somewhere! 

I have so many comments, but given I read everything at once and I'm weeks late, I'm raising my cup of hot tea to you! 🍵

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1