WS-GTY Assignment Question (This is a new one that hasn't been asked before)

MrsD7881

Hi there. My family and I are sailing on Voyager in January 2025. I have a WS-GTY, and have gotten mixed info from the RC reps. I saw that all of the J3 suites available are gone, and I know they hold some back for gty's. I had called a rep who told me he looked and saw that I was "most likely" going to be assigned an aft JS 6934, gave me the number and said I should be notified "very soon" about the assignment. Nothing has come through yet, and when I asked a different rep they told me they could not see any assignment yet.  

Should I just assume this rep was blowing smoke ? It was so specific, and that room was not showing up as available, so I'm not sure one way or the other. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

1 hour ago, MrsD7881 said:

Sorry, who is @Ken at the beach?

48 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

That's me.

😂Tell us you're new around here without telling us you're new around here. 

*also, this question has definitely been asked before 😂

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Haha 6

Ok folks, follow up question, same topic. Are the rooms assigned to suite gty's usually the same each time? Like on Voyager, are the JS gty's usually the ones on deck 6 or deck 7 aft? Before it was sold out those were consistently unavailable for booking, or they were all available at the same time. 

Thanks again for all the help!!

10 minutes ago, MrsD7881 said:

Ok folks, follow up question, same topic. Are the rooms assigned to suite gty's usually the same each time? Like on Voyager, are the JS gty's usually the ones on deck 6 or deck 7 aft? Before it was sold out those were consistently unavailable for booking, or they were all available at the same time. 

Thanks again for all the help!!

There is no rhyme or reason. If you have 2 suite gtys they could be on opposite ends of the ship on different decks, thank you royal IT. People complain all the time my newbie friends got a better location and a upgrade than I got, maybe it's because that newbie cruise didnt get the same discounts. No one knows.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

There is no rhyme or reason. If you have 2 suite gtys they could be on opposite ends of the ship on different decks, thank you royal IT. People complain all the time my newbie friends got a better location and a upgrade than I got, maybe it's because that newbie cruise didnt get the same discounts. No one knows.

Thanks for answering! I couldn't figure out if there were blocks of cabins that are usually saved on each ship for gty or not. 

18 minutes ago, MrsD7881 said:

Thanks for answering! I couldn't figure out if there were blocks of cabins that are usually saved on each ship for gty or not. 

Pretty sure that no specific rooms are "set aside", only counts. As such I imagine that GTY's just get what's left, and I would that that what is left is typically the least desirable location rooms. Possibly the accessible rooms also as they might get released if not booked.

Not sure if the various suite categories complicate the formula or not.

We are doing our first suite GTY on Odyssey in a few weeks. We got assigned a J4 (2 person "Spa Jr."), but it is literally right off the elevator. Looks like if you didn't turn to go down either hallway direction, you'd walk straight into our room. So I can see how this may have been one of the last left. The cruise has been listed as sold out for months.

52 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

right off the elevator. Looks like if you didn't turn to go down either hallway direction, you'd walk straight into our room.

Congratulations !  That’s an incredible location….definitely not a left-over.