CPAP machine

Gotohull

Extension cords are usually pretty easy - I've always gotten them (when needed) by asking Guest Services or our cabin steward. You may not even need one since most cabins now have sockets in or near the bedside lamps.

There's a way to get distilled water and I remember a discussion somewhere in this forum on how to order it cheaply. I don't use the water tank so can't give you a better answer.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Gotohull said:

Is there a special needs department that I can email to request and extension cord and distilled water for a CPAP machine?

You can ask for the power cord (often needed), and the distilled water is available to pre-order through the website. Log into your acount and go to the beverage tab, click on "water" and there are gallons of distilled water available for $2.95 (Cheap like borscht)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, winemama said:

I always bring my extension cord, the plugs are not always by the bed.  pack one with surge protector.  you can pre-order water

Incorrect!  Surge protector cords are prohibited on all cruise lines that I know of and will be confiscated upon boarding!  Bring a non-surge protector cord if you want.

Welcome to Cruise Critic @Gotohull!  Some advice on CC may not mesh with the cruise lines posted policies so always read the official policy before you board!

From the HAL website prohibited items list:

• Electrical devices such as small fans, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, power strips/extension cords with surge protectors.

What items are prohibited on board Holland America cruises

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few cruises back the CD hosted a movie in the World Stage covering the operating infrastructure of the ship. One section focused on the ship's water purification system -- how water is produced and delivered on board the ship. The upshot is the water coming out of the tap is the cleanest and purest we'll encounter anywhere. Since then I've stopped ordering distilled water for my cpap machine while cruising, but still use it at home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2024 at 11:45 PM, broberts said:

I followed this link and submitted the forms for both of us since we both have CPAP machines.  The response back from HAL was the same for both of us was:

"Our guests often bring sleep apnea machines on board. Holland America Line staterooms have standard US outlets. However, as the outlets are usually on the dressing tables and not near the head of the bed, we do recommend bringing an extension cord."

Bottom line, we need to bring our own extension cord.

• Thanks 1