Nautica Terrace Cafe

harlor

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Hamburg ... Can’t even imagine returning to the ship to eat aboard to then return to port. ...

Pulled out my CC receipts for Hamburg. Last thing I had to do before hoofing it back was... stopping at the Penny-Markt on the Reeperbahn to spend E8.77 on a bottle of Polish vodka and some German beer. Receipt timed at 2154. So, I'm lugging this in my bag to get back NLT 2230.

7 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Pulled out my CC receipts for Hamburg. Last thing I had to do before hoofing it back was... stopping at the Penny-Markt on the Reeperbahn to spend E8.77 on a bottle of Polish vodka and some German beer. Receipt timed at 2154. So, I'm lugging this in my bag to get back NLT 2230.

Not what you posted, but I’ll move on. You stated or implied it was faster to return all the way back to the dock to eat in the TC, then return to town, then just sit down and enjoy good local cuisine at a Restaurant in Hamburg. Probably not, but each to their own! Glad you enjoyed Hamburg.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Just recently off Nautica and they had two nights in a row featuring food from Red Ginger.  We really enjoyed it.  I don't remember a Jacques night, but there's always something of his available. 

Which restaurant for the RG nights, Orv? And, hi, Loretta! We were on the South America cruise, too!

5 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

... You stated or implied it was faster to return all the way back to the dock to eat in the TC, then return to town, then just sit down and enjoy good local cuisine at a Restaurant in Hamburg....

I neither implied nor stated nothing about eating local food. I've PAID to eat great food on the ship daily. I'm not going to PAY more to eat when I've already got great food waiting. I'm cruising to see and do things, not spend hours in chairs eating local food. Which is why I love the TC. Lets me eat good food at 1830 or 2030.

Did eat in Berlin, but we had a 12-hour excursion. Sat at a nice restaurant next to the water across from the massive Berlin Cathedral on the island with the magnificent museums.

6 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

And sadly I doubt you'd even understand the history and culture you miss in the churches you've seen.

Take just St. Bridget's Cathedral in Gdansk. Besides the amazing amber altar, see the memorial to Marshal Pilsudski, the modern "George Washington" to Poland after WW I, the haunting sad memorial to the Martyrs of Katyn, 21000+ Polish officers and others murdered by the Soviets after their occupation of Poland in 1939, and the memorial to the 1984 martyr, the priest, Jerzy Popiełuszko, age 37.

Not everyone worships in churches!

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Did we meet? I met quite a few people on that cruise. Did you get a cold? Seems most of the ship had it. 

Hi ORV and SophieM!

Our traveling companions both got colds! But we still loved the cruise and the sights.

ORV, yes, we met discussing the Brazilian eVisa fiasco! We did manage to get most our money back from Visa Central tho.

Loretta

10 minutes ago, harlor said:

Hi ORV and SophieM!

Our traveling companions both got colds! But we still loved the cruise and the sights.

ORV, yes, we met discussing the Brazilian eVisa fiasco! We did manage to get most our money back from Visa Central tho.

Loretta

We did get our Visas finally and they refunded the extra fees they took when their system wasn't working right. We'll be in Rio again on the 4th-5th of April next year, but our TA told us we still don't need the visa

8 hours ago, pinotlover said:

For lamb chop lovers, the chops are sliced very thin, which also affects the ( lack of) flavor. When I want lamb chops I go for the rack of lamb in the various other venues. The thicker cuts preserve the flavors and juices of the lamb far better than the thin cuts.

I agree.

Whenever I see a rack on the menu, or a slow cooked lamb shank they are my go to choice.

Chops onboard only on occasion; sometimes they are more fiddly than I can be bothered with.

11 hours ago, iowananny said:

Okay, this is just my opinion, and I know not everyone will agree with me.  But I don't like standing in line like I'm in a fast-food restaurant to get my grilled food.  I think the lobster is just plain bad in TC.  It's rubbery and just not good.  I've tried it more than once and have never felt it was worth standing in line for.  The lamb chops are okay at best.  I think the steak and shrimp are good but if I want a steak, I can go to the dining room and have someone bring it to me.  

Thank you. I was starting to think it was just me not liking the rubbery, overcooked lobster and they started doing something with the lamb chops that gives them a strange taste that's not very appealing.

We especialliy enjoyed breakfast in the Terrace Cafe.  Hot tip: the eggs benedict was better in the Terrace Cafe than in the main dining room.  When you order it in the Terrace, they go to the back and make it up fresh.   We did the Nautica Boston-Bermuda this past Sept. 11-18.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seanair said:

We especially enjoyed breakfast in the Terrace Cafe.  Hot tip... We did the Nautica Boston-Bermuda this past Sept. 11-18.

Noticed on Sirena earlier this month that Waves no longer served anything hot at breakfast. When we were on her in 11/2022 I could get an omelet there. Now had to go to TC. Love the made-to-order omelets. (Wonder if this has also happened on Riviera. Loved eating fresh omelets at Waves on her 12/2021 and 11/2023.)

8 hours ago, Seanair said:

We especialliy enjoyed breakfast in the Terrace Cafe.  Hot tip: the eggs benedict was better in the Terrace Cafe than in the main dining room.  When you order it in the Terrace, they go to the back and make it up fresh.   We did the Nautica Boston-Bermuda this past Sept. 11-18.

We got off right before you got on and my wife was unhappy with the Eggs Benedict in the GDR. It's usually a favorite, but something was off. We didn't have it in the Terrace, usually ate there when we had an early tour. We generally prefer the nice quiet atmosphere of the GDR first thing in the AM. But, if I had one thing to complain about or felt like that was off it would be the breakfast service in the GDR, not everyday, I think it was dependent on which service team you got. Certainly wasn't a deal breaker, but noticeable when you're used to the Oceania product. 

We have had some really bad service in the GDR in the morning.  Always great at dinner but it may be the people who work in the morning.  We often find we're missing things which we ordered.  I do like eating outside on the TC and if I order the egg special for the day they always bring it out to me.  But we go to both on our cruise and never had anything that was really bad.

I wish they could have Aquamar on all the ships.  My breakfast there has always been excellent.  My husband said he didn't like avocado toast until he tried their shrimp avocado toast.  He quickly changed his mind.

• Like 1