Evening Hours Main Dining Room and Colonnade

mcmarya

I thought I read somewhere recently that on some ships, dinner is from 6 - 9 pm instead of 7 - 9.  Has anyone experienced this?  If so, are there still lectures, Liars' Club or pre-dinner shows at 6:15 pm?  Just curious.

Also, is Seabourn Square now closed after 6 pm (for coffee/snacks)?

Thanks!

Those changes have been reported, but not clear whether that will be every cruise on every ship or if the ships will still have the flexibility to make changes specific to the itinerary or staffing levels on the ship.  I think a number of passengers will be happy to begin their dinners earlier and that might also reduce some of the overcrowding in the bars before dinner as well.

2 hours ago, mcmarya said:

Also, is Seabourn Square now closed after 6 pm (for coffee/snacks)?

Thanks!

On the Quest, I think the Square (for coffee) is closed at 6 pm, but reopens at 8 pm.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ak1004 said:

We are just off the Quest, dining hours were 7-9, except for Solis where it was open from 6, not sure till what time (probably 9).

On the quest, The colonnade and Restaurant hours were changed to 6-9pm starting the day you disembarked

Nancy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

On the quest, The colonnade and Restaurant hours were changed to 6-9pm starting the day you disembarked

Nancy

Good to know. Is it permanent?

How do you like the Quest?

I have found that few things are ever permanent when it comes to dining on the Seabourn ships.  For example, in 2023, we were told when aboard Ovation that as of that cruise and across the entire fleet the MDR was going to be open every day for breakfast and lunch.  The manager of the MDR told me that.  He told other people as well.  It turned out not to be the case.  I have no doubt that the manager of the MDR had been told this---but then another decision was made.  

It is a bit weird to walk into the MDR at 7pm and find it almost totally filled. This happened when the new opening time became 6pm in the middle of our 28 days cruise.  Is it permanent?  Who knows!!

On our long Grand Voyage on the Quest, the opening hour at the Restaurant changed.  It was 7:00 but it got moved up at the request of PAX.  The opening at the Collonade was 6:00.