More at Sea

9 hours ago, richg35 said:

Who goes on a cruise to use the internet? 

I figure going on a cruise helps me put down my phone! For most trips - won't be at sea more than (2?, 3?) days in a row? (with obvious exceptions). Anyhow - I just use my phone/internet when close enough to shore or on shore where I can pick up on a local cell tower. I have international calling - so location doesn't matter. 

23 hours ago, HappyCruiser317 said:

The Free at Sea+ no longer exists. You lose the water and Starbucks. You also lose the Premium Alcohol. Punchers will receive a refund for the drink portion of the FAS+. I will use my refund to replace the Starbucks. My guess is that the refund will be about $25-$30/person/day. 

Just checked my vacation summary,  got back $20/day for the beverage portion of FAS+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sanabeans said:

Just checked my vacation summary,  got back $20/day for the beverage portion of FAS+

If I might ask, where exactly did you see the refund? I just logged onto my NCL account, pulled up our April 2026 cruise, looked under “My Vacation Summary” and didn’t see any mention of a refund. But at the same time, FP is a long way off. Our booking is also handled by a TA, if that makes a difference.

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, where exactly did you see the refund? I just logged onto my NCL account, pulled up our April 2026 cruise, looked under “My Vacation Summary” and didn’t see any mention of a refund. But at the same time, FP is a long way off. Our booking is also handled by a TA, if that makes a difference.

I didn't pay in full yet but I see the final payment amount has been adjusted, showing a $100 difference on my 5 day cruise

Edited by sanabeans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I purchased Free at Sea Plus for my March '25 cruise.   I received an email that they will not honor my purchase.  They are replacing it with the new "Less at Sea" package, that no longer includes premium bourbons like Blanton's and EH Taylor.  Only bottom shelf like Woodford Reserve ($30 bottle).    Also, they won't include Starbucks coffee shop or bottled water.   I paid for this, but won't get it.   So, this if FAR from an upgrade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Derek1105 said:

IIRC, Grey Goose was in the basic package not long ago.  I used to order Grey Goose screwdrivers.  I told people it was a "screwed goose," hoping it would catch on.  It didn't.  Humor is often a personal thing.  And, that's okay....🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/6/2024 at 12:00 PM, PhillyTravelBug said:

Very misleading. I heard there’s an increase for the beverage package and for the dining as well from this weeks episode of cruise radio.

They say you're getting more but you're also paying more.  Prices for individual drinks might also be increasing. Your cabin fare might be going up too. Actually I'm certain of this since it'll be 2025 and a good excuse to raise prices. In some places it says it while other places it doesn't but the gratuities are included.  It's just not clear how much of the additional charge is gratuities. The interesting thing is the More at Sea beverage package price is apparently $89 vs Free at Sea's $109 so 20% gratuities is actually going down.

Make no mistake, this is NCL's way of making more money. Overall, we will end up spending more on our cruises.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

IIRC, Grey Goose was in the basic package not long ago.  I used to order Grey Goose screwdrivers.  I told people it was a "screwed goose," hoping it would catch on.  It didn't.  Humor is often a personal thing.  And, that's okay....🤣

Screwed Goose. I’ll give that name a go. And definitely give the cocktail a go. (Or two. Or three.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mistertomatoe said:

They say you're getting more but you're also paying more.  Prices for individual drinks might also be increasing. Your cabin fare might be going up too. Actually I'm certain of this since it'll be 2025 and a good excuse to raise prices. In some places it says it while other places it doesn't but the gratuities are included.

1 hour ago, mistertomatoe said:

Make no mistake, this is NCL's way of making more money. Overall, we will end up spending more on our cruises.

I won't for years.  I'm booked through 2026.  This has zero impact on my wallet.  Why, oh why, don't people just slop down couch change deposits to lock in future cruises?  It's a mystery that may never be solved.🤔

• Like 1

On 10/2/2024 at 4:48 PM, stitchcreek said:

I think I’ve seen a couple of different replies to what happens if you have FAS+ for 2025.

1) Fully refunded

2) All perks remain except the beverages + element, so partial refund.

Anyone confident they’ve got the correct answer yet? Or news on when to expect that refund? (assuming it’s automatic)

I purchased the FAS+ for a 2025 sailing.  Have not seen any refund, and will lose premium bourbon, bottled water and Starbucks coffee shop.   So, LESS AT SEA.

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I like the "screwed goose"!!

And now I'm making it mine!!! Lmao!!!!

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2024 at 3:04 PM, BirdTravels said:

To me it is amazing. You take freebie perks, which could conceivably change weekly, and change it once every 5 years and the world has come to an end. 

You take a bunch of more expensive liquor (which used to come at an upcharge) and add it to the free package and the world has come to an end. 

You add an additional free specialty dinner and the world has come to an end. 

You take a la carte restaurants which used to cost upwards of $100, add more options, and sell it at a fixed price for $40-$60 and the world has come to an end. 

Make your life simple. Decline all offers so the world won’t come to an end. 

You somehow seem to be "in the know" about what expensive liquor is now included.   Please share what top shelf bourbon is now in the MAS package?  I paid for the FAS+ package to drink good bourbon, but was only told about "bottom shelf" Woodford Reserve being in the new package.   So, please share this great info you have.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Derek1105 said:

I purchased the FAS+ for a 2025 sailing.  Have not seen any refund, and will lose premium bourbon, bottled water and Starbucks coffee shop.   So, LESS AT SEA.

Yes. You will have to pay for water and Starbucks now with the savings from the Plus refund. Theoretically you can come out ahead. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I admit it. Sometimes I'm so easily amused. 😁 Got this by snail mail today. I guess they want to empty their stack of old promo material before sending out new stuff. 

IMG_20241008_182231.jpg

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I admit it. Sometimes I'm so easily amused. 😁 Got this by snail mail today. I guess they want to empty their stack of old promo material before sending out new stuff. 

IMG_20241008_182231.jpg

So nostalgic 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/1/2024 at 11:50 AM, schmoopie17 said:

On the Escape last week, Bailey's was included on the "regular' Beverage Package.

Just got off the GEM,  Baileys was included on the regular Beverage package as well as some Bourbons and whiskeys previously only included in the premium upgrade.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Asawi said:

IMG_20241008_182231.jpg

Save it! Could be a collector's item....or not. Personally, it would be added to my burn pile. 

If you purchased free at sea plus and are cruising in 2025, go to your final payment. It should be refunded there.  Your balance/ final payment is less than what’s on your original statement .

We were credited $280. For the 2 of us.  Comes out to $20per person per day.  
my reservation though still says free at sea plus. No wording about the new plan. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been addressed but we’re new to NCL and trying to decide  if we should cancel.
There’s been a lot of negative posts recently and the cost of this cruise is not quite that much less than some of the more  inclusive luxury lines. 

I am not sure if I’m calculating correctly, but even without the SB and the Water( which does annoy me), we seem to still be ahead. 

I have not seen the refund as yet but if so we would get back $480 for our cruise. 

We paid $1074 for both of us and with refund of $480, it would still mean we are ahead after factoring in internet costs for 11 days , $150 for the 3 shore excursion credits  for the second person  and 2 additional dinners. 
Please clarify if that’s 2 pp or 2 total for the booking. 

We’re not that savvy re NCL. 
Thank you for any advice. 

11 hours ago, dock said:

Sorry if this has been addressed but we’re new to NCL and trying to decide  if we should cancel.
There’s been a lot of negative posts recently and the cost of this cruise is not quite that much less than some of the more  inclusive luxury lines. 

I am not sure if I’m calculating correctly, but even without the SB and the Water( which does annoy me), we seem to still be ahead. 

I have not seen the refund as yet but if so we would get back $480 for our cruise. 

We paid $1074 for both of us and with refund of $480, it would still mean we are ahead after factoring in internet costs for 11 days , $150 for the 3 shore excursion credits  for the second person  and 2 additional dinners. 
Please clarify if that’s 2 pp or 2 total for the booking. 

We’re not that savvy re NCL. 
Thank you for any advice. 

I would not cancel. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So far I’m still coming out ahead with the modified package for our  2025 cruise.

10 day cruise to Alaska with 6 ports, I’ve already booked 7 shore excursions 

so that saves us $350 for the second guest.
I may be booking more as we have long port times on this cruise and I haven’t booked anything for 2 ports yet.

We will have unlimited internet that would have been a $300 upgrade, plus the two specialty dinners, let’s call that $180.

My TA has already gifted us a water package, and with the $400 credit for the beverage portion we can buy two Starbucks packages.

The loss of sparkling waters doesn’t affect us as we never drink it, and as well we don’t drink much high end wines or spirits.

• Like 4