P&O (UK) vs MSC vs Princess

Narinna

26 minutes ago, Ambrynni said:

Hi! I went on P&O's Iona for my first cruise with a friend this year, and honestly loved it.

Welcome to the C C forum, a very good detailed post and it's obvious that you really 

like IONA and holds happy memories for you and that's all that counts.

Your money ,your cruise and your satisfaction.

Hope you go on to have many more happy cruisers .🙂

• Like 4

On 10/8/2024 at 3:31 AM, Narinna said:

Hey all!

I'm trying to decide between three cruises, and I'd love your thoughts on which one you'd recommend. For context, I'm 42, a solo traveller (female) and pretty active and out there, but not in a 'party all night' or 'get drunk' kind of way. You can find me reading quietly in a corner, in a pool or even at a show or party, who knows.

So, based on where I'll be for work/timing/pricing/flights, I have three main options to choose from (this will be my first cruise). They are:

• P&O Iona - 12 night cruise to Portugal/Spain (early March 2025)
  • MSC Preziosa - 7 night cruise in Northern Europe (late Feb/early March 2025)
  • Magestic Princess - 7 night cruise in the Med (early March 2025)

Based on demographics/activities/quality of offering, if everything were equal, which would you recommend for someone like me?

Thanks 🙂 

Hi

Out of your three choices I’ve only been on Iona and had a great time.

It’s light and airy, we found some quiet places to sit and have a drink or read but always had our balcony too.

We went in term time so not lots of children. We had no problems booking tables or using the ‘app’

My husband and I are older than you, mid 50’s, we like a drink but don’t drink lots, we didn’t get a drinks package and found the drink prices very reasonable.

People say it’s ’Benidorm or Butlins at sea’ I’ve never been to either but my experience on Iona was a far cry from what I think of when people say that.

The Quays food area is great and apart from one rainy day we had no problems finding a table, we always walked away from the serving areas where it was quieter.

I hope you have a great time regardless of which you choose 😊

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ambrynni said:

Hi! I went on P&O's Iona for my first cruise with a friend this year, and honestly loved it. I am not typically a cruiser and have travelled a lot, and do think some of the comments criticising Iona/P&O maybe come from people that have cruised tonnes - I don't know.

Thank you for taking the time to comment and give me your personal perspective, I really appreciate your thoughts. I think you could very well be right, that it all comes down to expectations and what you've experienced before in cruising.

I'm so glad you had an amazing time, and I think I will too 🙂 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Never sailed with MSC. However our Iona cruise in April was so much better than our Caribbean Princess cruise in June. Food and entertainment better, and also condition of ship. 

Not surprising that Iona was in better condition than Caribbean Princess, she is a good 16 years younger.

• Haha 1