Navigator experts -- advantages to aft D1 cabin?

Well I feel VERY lucky! I managed to take advantage of one of those just-released cheap 3rd & 4th person fares, so I'm now booked on Navigator Aug. 26 Eastern Caribbean. I got us all in a D1 balcony, and only had to pay $149 per person for our two kids. Yippee!

I had a choice of a few cabins (although they were quickly getting snapped up). I decided to go for cabin 1392, which is an aft cabin. On the deck plan it appears that these aft D1's have bigger balconies, plus the rep at RCI said that it was bigger, but he couldn't give me any square footage numbers.

So, I'm turning to all you experts here. First of all, are there any advantages or disadvantages to being in the aft cabins? Second, does anyone know for sure if the balconies are bigger?

The cabins are dwindling fast, so if there are distinct DISadvantages to looking out over the stern, I can still switch to another D1, perhaps on deck 6 or 7 rather than this one on deck 10.

Thanks!

LeeAnne

18 months ago my wife and I had an aft balcony on Deck 10 and it was wonderful. We had two loungers, two chairs, and a round table with room to spare. My two daughters had an inside room and came and ate breakfast with us on the balcony. The walk to the elevators took all of 25 seconds, it was extremely quiet, and very little motion. I'm hooked on aft rooms and will definitely try it again. The view of the wake was awesome and there was very little wind while underway. Can you spell peace and tranquility???

Enjoy!!

Had your cabin last year (western carribean) you will love it. Big balcony . nice size rooms, away from the elevators so it is very quite. A little side to side motion as the ship moves. Great room don't switch.

WOW!!!! Thank you so much for all of those pictures! There was even a photo of our exact balcony. Of all the aft balconies, these are the smallest (third in from the sides), but they are still clearly a significant improvement over the side balconies. And we're at the top, with the least obstructed view -- cool!

One thing I also learned from these pics, however, is that my TA gave me wrong info about the bed situation. She told me these cabins have both a pull-out sofa AND a pulldown bunk -- but in the pics there was no pulldown bunk. I'm traveling with my two teenagers, a boy and a girl, and I told them they would each get their own bed. Looks like they won't! So now I'm wondering if they will bring in a rollaway. Another option is that my 14-yr-old son loves sleeping in the outdoors -- he may very well want to sleep on one of the loungers on the balcony! At least it looks big enough for that.

...or you and MISTER LeeAnne could share the pull-out sofa bed and give the twin beds to the kids............ :)

HA! Like that's gonna happen. :rolleyes: :D

I just spoke to DS and showed him the pic of the cabin balcony, and he is actually totally stoked about sleeping on the lounge chair out there! Understand, this is a kid who would rather sleep on his bedroom floor in a sleeping bag than in his own bed...no idea why. He says it's more comfortable!

Archived