Luminae: crazy to skip dinner and just do specialties?

luckyinpa

6 minutes ago, tfred said:

the MDR  choice is available in non-Edge ships. The two kitchens are very close. In Edge class ships the two kitchens are on opposite ends of the ships and it is difficult to send someone there and back and arrive with hot food.  

talk to the waiter in Luminae and tell them what you eat (and don't) and they will accomodate you as best they can. You will be surprised what they can do as they get requests all the time. Success will be giving them advance notice of what you like - not table side after looking at the menu. 

In Blu they've always given us the next night's menu so we can make adjustments if we need to.

I'm hoping that will be possible in Luminae also.

We also try to have the same waiter every night so we don't have to explain over and over. Hope that is also possible in Luminae .

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chamima said:

In Blu they've always given us the next night's menu so we can make adjustments if we need to.

I think that is doable. 

7 hours ago, chamima said:

Why isn't it an option? I have read that the menus from the MDR and Blu ARE available to order from in Luminae.

Depends on the ship. If you look at the deck plans you can see the M class has Blu, Luminae, and the MDR together so all menus are available. S class has Luminae and the MDR together. E class Luminae is not near the other restaurants. So.. if someone says that in Luminae they could order from blu and the MDR - they were on an M class ship.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chamima said:

We also try to have the same waiter every night so we don't have to explain over and over. Hope that is also possible in Luminae .

Yes, that is possible and common. As far as the same wait staff - maybe. They have sections and when you arrive, if their section is full, you can be seated somewhere else or wait for a table to open up in their section. Sometimes the waitstaff will be able to wait on you outside of their area but it depends.

4 hours ago, George C said:

They definitely treat penthouse as VIP’s , I doubt they say no too often . We invited some roll call people and asked for some appetizers, they filled the large dining room table with hot and cold appetizers, it was also my wife’s birthday , so entire concierge staff came in and gave her flowers and a bottle of wine.

There was a policy change in 2024 regarding parties/get-togethers in the PH. They used to encourage get togethers. Even on my Galapagos sailing, PH in 2023 they encouraged a party with included food and even provided a bartender!  Things change - The Retreat manager said that some guests abused the privilege of Celebrity catered events in the PH. They started looking at the cabins your guest were sailing in and charge accordingly. An example: I would invite guest to my suite and Celebrity would provide an assortment of sushi - no charge. This year I was told the policy now is that as long as the guest were upper suite with included speciality dining that would be fine, But... they would need to charge non upper suite guests. The level of VIP service on my 53 day (b4b) PH sailing this spring was not what it used to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chamima said:

The maitre'd will try and seat you with the same waiter at dinner each night.  We've always been accommodated in that way.