Queen Victoria Wait List

transatlantic fan

You're doing better than us.

We have had a cabin reserved for ages, but Cunard keep failing to get an invoice out to us so that we can decide if we really want to take it up or not.

Interesting that they can sort out the wait list before those who beat the wait list!

Hi Folks,

Two weeks is good going. We paid our deposit nearly three years ago! Got it confirmed on, I think, 22nd Feb. Since then Cunard have c****d-up at least twice.

Talking to QM2 cruise sales rep, we discovered that the booking had been cancelled - managed to get it reinstated.

Then they send out an invoice for a 10% deposit??? Travel agent questions this, pointing out it's already paid, but is told that Cunard want this new deposit. We phone Cunard and are told 'No', they didn't ask for this money, they already have the deposit. It was our T/A who INSISTED on paying it!

This is B******T. We've seen the invoice. What happened was they took the original deposit off the total price, then asked for another deposit of 10% of the remainder. And took the money from the T/A's account by direct debit!

Although we sailed on QM2 last month, this is our first experience of booking since Princess took over. Looks like the're 'fixing' all the bits that ain't broke, and ignoring what has been for years.

C'est la vie. Colin.

Hmmmmm......

Starting to wonder how difficult it really is to get on the waitlist for the maiden voyage. I just received my copy of the QV inaugural brochure, with an offer for World Club members to book the Xmas Markets cruise.

Buuuuut .... offer is good til 2April2006

And it's April 9!! LOL

Think I'll pester the World Club desk, and ask if my chances are still good.

This is the first time they let me in pretty late on a good offer.

Til then, I remain being subjected to the "mushroom treatment"

..... "Leave me in the dark, and feed me bullsh**" ......

:D :cool:

My TA called and said that I could have a balcony room for the North Sea Maiden. I said "No Thanks; get me a midships, outside room on One Deck!". The balcony rooms are too high up and who needs a balcony in the North Sea during December.

The photos and stories that my grandfather had of the North Sea during winter during his days as a sailor on the U.S.S. HOUSATONIC during W.W. I were very telling.

Archived