How obstructed is "obstructed"?

Ken1359

We just returned from the Crown and had room E202 which was classed as fully obstructed. (We were upgraded from an inside)

I was actually quite surprised at how much we could see which was above and below the lifeboat as well as in front and behind.

We could watch the sunset, check out the weather and see where we were with no problem.

I have a picture which I will try to send out later from home.

A bigger problem for some people in this part of the Crown and perhaps sister ships iss that you are close to the front of the ship over the Princess Theatre. You will hear some noise from afternoon rehearsals and sound checks as well as from the show idf you happen to be in your room during shiow time.

This was not a major problem for us as we were usually at dinner or at the show.

I will be on the Crown in February and have booked E607 which says obs view. From looking at the diagrams it looks totally obstructed. (we booked an outside guarantee and this is what we got.) If we upgrade to a 'D' cabin we would have a better view but then we are 3 floors lower and we would also have to do a Guarantee. That could mean that we would be upgraded to 'C' which has only a porthole and is in the extreme front of the ship right over the main theater. To upgrade to a Balcony would be another $600 which we don't really want to do.

Any info or advice would be welcome.

Sharon:confused:

If I'm reading this right, if you take a D cabin you will be on deck 5? If that's correct, I can tell you I just came off the Crown 10/26 from an EE cabin on deck 5 (Plaza 206). It was an EXCELLENT location. Long walk to the pool/buffet, but other than that very close to dining and entertainment...not to mention just down the hall from the International Cafe (shrimp salad for lunch almost every day). Another plus is that there are very few cabins on Plaza deck, Princess checkin process in Ft Lauderdale is by deck. When I got to the pier, there was only one family in front of me for the line marked "Plaza" while other lines had 50-75 people in them. Very quick checkin/embarkation. I am going again 1/25/09 and will be in an F cabin E602, obstructed view. I did a search here before booking it tho and the reports I found on the view from this cabin were very good. I've indicated to my TA I would only want upgraded if it is to an unobstructed or balcony cabin - no sense screwing up my view! I won't have the advantage of the low number of cabins when I checkin but, o well! Wherever you are, you'll have a great time on the Crown.

Thanks:p for all the comments! From looking at the diagrams I believe that E607 has one of the larger tender blocking the view. E624 (lucky for you) had one of the smaller tenders.

E602 looks like it would not be totally blocked because it is at the end of one of the larger tenders?? Good point about the 'D' cabin. We probably would strongly consider that one but we are going with another couple who will be in a balcony on Aloha (deck 12). They said we can come up and hang out on their balcony!

I could not find an E202 on the diagram of the ship. I did consider the noise from the shows if you were in the front of the ship but I don't think we'll have to worry about that. Would love to see your picture!

We will be on the Sapphire next month. We are in cabin E304. Does anyone know how obstructed this will be? We are not to concerned really. We booked this instead of the usual inside since it was the same price. We booked it as a guarantee and have already been assigned this cabin. A picture of the view would be great.

Thanks!

I have decided that it depends on the size of the lifeboat in front on the window. Unfortunately for us (E607) there is one of the largest ones. You can tell this by looking at pictures of the ship. If it is one of the smaller ones, I believe you can still see over the lifeboat.

We loved our obstructed view cabin on the Golden Princess. I tried to choose on from the brochure that looked the least obstructed and I also saw photos online of those cabins. We did good! We had a wonderful ocean view with only a thin, metal something-or-other aways out from our window. It didn't take away from our view at all. In fact, we felt like we had a balcony (that we couldn't walk on) because the area outside our window was where maintenance crew could walk if needed. One time they actually were out there! Had to make sure we were dressed. This is when we were in port and they were doing routine stuff. Our cabin was on the Emerald deck. But I know that the Sapphire is a little different than the Golden.

I'm booked on the Sapphire coastal cruise May 13th from L.A. to Vancouver. I see that my outside cabin (E204) has a totally obstructed view. Does this mean that I will be facing the side of a tender with no sight of the sea whatsoever.....or with only part the view blocked? If I have no view at all, I wonder why they charge more than an inside cabin. I'll bet somebody has the answers for this.

We had E407 on the Golden last year and it was almost totally UNobstructed. We were very pleased that no lifeboats or large apparatus blocked any of our view. Just a very thin, metal thingy (for lack of a better description.)

:)

Hi Racepoint,

could you tell me more about E607 on Golden? On a map it seems that the weindow is at the front of the life boat so I wonder if i would get anything but a daylight? And one more thing, I cannot figure out from the deckplan what is oposite the cabin door on emerald? Some kind of fence, can you look down to the lower deck? There are no inside cabins opposite mine cabin so I wonder what is it?

We will be on the Sapphire next month. We are in cabin E304. Does anyone know how obstructed this will be? We are not to concerned really. We booked this instead of the usual inside since it was the same price. We booked it as a guarantee and have already been assigned this cabin. A picture of the view would be great.

Thanks!

We will be in the same cabin 1-3-09 .Hope we can get a pic of this cabin. This is an upgrade for us, so we won't be too fussy!!! Keep it nice for us!

We will be in the same cabin 1-3-09 .Hope we can get a pic of this cabin. This is an upgrade for us, so we won't be too fussy!!! Keep it nice for us!

This is an upgrade for us too. We are just too curious. We'll keep it nice for you. We have another trip planned for right after. So I will try to post a pic of view before you leave on the 3rd.

This is an upgrade for us too. We are just too curious. We'll keep it nice for you. We have another trip planned for right after. So I will try to post a pic of view before you leave on the 3rd.

Have a great trip. I guess we are too curious also. We are not going to say NO to this upgrade so I'am sure it will be just fine!! :) If you can, do post a pic. I don't know how to do all that extra stuff on these posts. Some day I'll learn.

Archived