Back to Back Cruises

kiefaber455

While on the Sea Princess, my wife and I booked the Crown Princess for back to back cruises next February 3rd and 10th. It was tricky matching dates in order to get the same cabin for both weeks, but we were able to do it.

The people at Princess have assured me that when we arrive in San Juan on the 10th for the second week, we will not have to get off the ship. It's not that I don't believe them, but if anyone has experienced this first hand, I'd appreciate hearing form them.

Your right on with your inquiry as you well know from these type of questions on this board that the corporate office often does not know what is happening in the fleet. I would wonder too. Seems evry ship and every port does things differently.

I would think that you would not know for sure until the morning of the first week ends and you get the info first hand onboard. Good Luck.:)

When we did our B2B on the Star in December 2004 we did have to get off the ship for immigration. Only took about 20 minutes and then we were right back on before the new passengers embarked. We had the same cabin for both cruises. :)

We've done probably 8 back to backs (16 cruises). On about half we've had to get off the ship. It really depends on the port and the immigration requirements. However, nobody makes back to backs easier than Princess. They will have a letter for you in your cabin about 3 days prior to the end of the first cruise, spelling it all out for you, telling you where and when to get your new ship card, etc.

Guest caribcruzin

Hi there...

We are also booked on the Feb 3 and Feb 10 back to back cruises. There are several of us. Please join our roll call on the roll call boards. There is an active one for Feb 3 and one that is struggling to get started for the Feb 10. Looking forward to seeing you over there!

The people at Princess have assured me that when we arrive in San Juan on the 10th for the second week, we will not have to get off the ship. It's not that I don't believe them, but if anyone has experienced this first hand, I'd appreciate hearing form them.

My interpretation of the question is they are worried they may be required to pack ? and disembark with the rest of the first week passengers, they re-embark with the second week's passengers.

That is the only interpretation of the question I can see that would raise concern. So all of us that have done B2B's can assure OP that is not the case.:D They may be required to disembark to go through immigration (but not customs) just like returning to the states.

Archived