It must be snowing in you-know-where:FREEDOM price drop!!!!

I can't believe it-all you price-watchers on the Freedom, take a look on the web site-my JS on 6/18 dropped $860!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

That was sure unexpected, I love the price-drop fairy!!

I think all the suites dropped a bit due to the final payment being due this week and people must be backing out-my D1 stayed the same, but the JS took a plunge-yipeee!!

I don't know about any sailings other than 6/18, but it's worth a quick check-you may save a nice piece of change-

Good luck!!

Its quite common for those few in a certain cat remaining to get a price drop at final payment...

D1's are the most popular staterooms...They go blazing fast,and get few drops....But I have snagged them.As long as you book about 6 months or more out,and diligently monitor prices...You will find them...

Also...I know I am gonna get slapped here....But I have noticed on 2 of the larger online agencies....Their prices are considerably lower than what RCI is posting ??? :rolleyes:

Oh I hope the price drop fairy visits me next April but since I have a GS, odds are that category won't drop. There were no JS's left when I booked. :(

Congrats...and if you see that fairy, send her my way. ;)

I see where you have a Grand Suite, have you stayed in one before? This is our first cruise and we were booked with a JS and then a GS became available, so I grabed it! Can you give me any info regarding this cabin class? Perks, robes, bathroom items, etc? We are sailing to Alaska on the Serenade.

Thanks for any info that you or others can give us, "New Cruisers". If any one has pictures that would be wonderfull !!!!

Waaaahhh...no price drop for E2 on our sailing Tracey. As a matter of fact, from the time I booked it (on the first day the bookings opened up to C&A members), the price has steadily increased.

I know, the price drops for our sailing only seem to be JS and above-my D1 actually went up since I booked, but the JS dropped-better that way than the other way, since JS is so much higher!!:eek:

There's still hope-I bet it drops after the final is due this week-a lot of people are not feeling this high price, and they booked their deposit to hold the space thinking it would go down. If is hasn't, many may drop out of the booking, pick a less costly ship, or go later in the year once the newness (and price) drop.

There's still hope-2 months left!!:D

I see where you have a Grand Suite, have you stayed in one before? This is our first cruise and we were booked with a JS and then a GS became available, so I grabed it! Can you give me any info regarding this cabin class? Perks, robes, bathroom items, etc? We are sailing to Alaska on the Serenade.

Thanks for any info that you or others can give us, "New Cruisers". If any one has pictures that would be wonderfull !!!!

Oh I wish I had a picture of the FOS. You can usually track down a picture when you go to http://www.cruisedeckplans.com Just click on RCCL then Serenade.

GS Perks - from what I have seen here...priority embarkation and debarkation, concierge lounge (with free drinks, breakfast items like danishes in the morning and Hors D Oeuvres before dinner, also DVD's in the lounge to take to your room)(concierge can get ice skating tickets and tender tickets when needed). The GS has two doors leading to the balcony (from what I saw in some other ship pics). You get robes for the trip. Also, the suite categories count as 2 cruise credits, not 1. The GS also has a bigger bathroom and a bar area (which some says just takes up space).

Have fun on your cruise!

1 cruise - Welcome to Cruise Critic and welcome to cruising! You're going to love your ship and suite. We sailed on the Serenade's sister ship, the Brilliance, in a Grand Suite. Here is a link to pics of our cabin.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=357801626&security=iryLKJ

You will have upgraded bathroom items - shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, sewing kit, etc. and robes will be waiting for you in your room.

You will also have access to the Concierge Lounge, where you can enjoy the most wonderful lattes and cappucinos 24 hrs a day (can you tell I'm a coffee addict?) Appetizers and cocktails are availabe in the lounge daily from about 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Continental breakfast served in the morning. The concierge can assist you in making reservations for the specialty restaurants and spa, etc. There is also a selection of DVD's you can borrow.

Have a wonderful first cruise. Soon, you'll be addicted like the rest of us. Don't forget to post a review when you return. When are you sailing?

Sue

Thanks Sue for the pictures! You just made my day. What a wonderful cabin. I just can't wait! :D

Now that I see the lounge chairs, I have to ask...ever get any sun on those balconies?

Yes we did get sun. It was nice not to have to fight off the chair hogs by the pool. We did still enjoy the pool area too though. Have at least one breakfast out on your deck.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, cruisinmama06 and also the great info. Also, thanks to Michelle for your input. I really do appreciate any info that you give me. I am really starting to get excited! We are sailing Alaska in September. Since our daughter is in college, no reason to to keep us from traveling during school time. I would have loved to have gone in August but this will be fine. Being from Colorado weather can be cold, warm or even hot in September, so the cold should not really bother us to much, I hope. Also, September prices are alittle lower and there was a JS open. I really wanted a GS, but would of been happy with a JS if a GS did not beome available, but it did. This is a omen. I have always been alittle nervous about cruises, but I will forge forward and hopefully enjoy this new way of viewing the world.

But, I do have another question. What are the cruise credits that you are talking about? When you say that we get 2, what does that mean? I look forward to your great answers and knowledge.

This is such a great site. I picked the RCL through the "Cruise Critic". I am counting on all of you. Thanks....and yes my husband is a camera buff...so I am sure that I will have alot of great pics to post. If there any any suggestions on what pictures to take or certian areas that people want picturse of let me know, I'll do my best to get them posted.

1 cruise: Royal Caribbean has a loyalty program to reward repeat cruisers. (The Crown & Anchor Society) The reward levels are based on "cruise credits" rather than a raw score of cruises taken.

Any cruise (of any length) automatically gets ONE cruise credit.

If your cruise is 12 days or longer, add another credit.

If you pay for a JS or above, add another credit.

For example, we took a Sovereign back-to-back cruise in a JS for New Year's. That's two cruises, each in a JS. That's two cruise credits per cruise, for a total of 4 cruise credits in a week. Made us Diamond on the spot. :D

Archived