Wonderful food not to miss on RCCL?

When they come with the bread tray at dinner ask if they have "Savory Bites". These are delicious little crusty rolls. A change from your standard dinner roll. Actually ALL of the breads and rolls offered on the ships are one of the best food items offered, IMO. The savory bites are just extra special.

Rala, what do the Savory Bites look like? I can just see me asking the waiter for a "savory bite" and getting a really strange look. Can I at least point to it on the bread tray?

does it have aniseseed in it? to me there is nothing worse than sitting down to a bowl of lobster bisque and discovering it tastes like liquorice...

The lobster bisque we had on GOS in 04 was great so when we went on MOS a few weeks ago, we were lookng forward to it. So one night we order 4 bowls, DH and I were greedy :D Well, it tasted kinda like cinnamon and it ruined the whole experience :(

The cream of asparagus soup is good too and ,,ok,,they had the jamaican pepper pot soup which WOULD have been great IF I could not have tasted the fact that they must have scorched the pot and then stirred it b/c there was a bitter taste. Otherwise I think I would have hurt myself on this soup b/c it reminds of of the okra gumbo we make so much where I live, only their soup has more stuff in it. The taste was similar. Will try it again next time.

I can say the mashed potatos are good! LOL and Greek salad, um,,I was dissapointed in the JADE sushi. My fave is salmon sashimi and there is too much rice to go with the salmon , but easy fix I just break it in half. Maybe it was b/c I didnt have my fave soy sauce. I dont like Kikkoman, too strong,, I actually prefer the little ' to go' packets. Will bring some next time and I sure I will them hurt myself on the sushi too :p

HI WINDJAMMING --- The savory bites are smaller than an average size dinner roll. They are kind of triangular in shape and a nutty, medium brown color. I have had them on several ships so I think the waitstaff are familiar with them. I hope you get to try them as they are yummy, in my opinion, of course. Enjoy your cruise!!!

P.S. When the waiter comes with the bread tray you can just ask him what the various kinds of bread and rolls are and he/she will point to each one and tell you what they are. Often they tell you before you even ask.

Hi LuAnn:

Have a great cruise. Wish we were going with you and Kenneth.

We have always enjoyed the food on Royal Caribbean, but occasionally I have ordered something I have not liked. I have NEVER had a problem getting something else brought to me. I always ask politely, of course, but no waiter or assistant waiter has ever made me feel like it was too hard or an imposition to get me something else. On the contrary; they fall all over themselves trying to please you.

Have a drink for us!

I have to agree about the savory bites. All the breads are good, but the savory bites are the best and the nice part of it is they come around with them every night. Also if the Seaview Cafe has Nathan's hot dogs try them. I am not much for hotdogs, but these are really good.

Jan

Check out our Infinity Roll call for the Hawaii cruise...we are trying to put together a "reunion" cruise for 08...would appreciate your input/thoughts! I think the new drink of this cruise will be the "mojito"...never had one before but seems to be "quite the rage"! LuAnn

Archived