Do Cruise Lines Read These Boards

Just wondering. There are so many comments, suggestions and observations offered here which could be of benefit to a cruise line - by so many very serious cruisers. Does anyone know if any of the cruise lines actually monitor or otherwise pay attention to what is being said here?

Thanks

You betcha. I personally think changes in the bedding was prompted, in part, by the numerous complaints on this board.

Also, there was such an outcry about the Ranch Steak in the dining room, they changed it, too. I think that had to do with the enormous amount of jokes and complaints on this board.

Now, there are lots and lots of complaints about children in adult areas, and chair hogs getting out of hand. I think we'll see some improvements there, too.

Right, RCCL????? Oh, yoo-hoo......:D

On our last Brilliance cruise, CD Becky Thomson came to our "Mix N Mingle". She spoke about RCL and the M&M program. She stated that RCL management reads all the Cruise Critic RCL traffic and pays attention to the same.

Becky was a terrific CD. She was everywhere. At the pool, at the M&M, at many activities, and of course, at ALL evening activities. We don't know how any one person can have all that energy!

Thanks, Becky, for our another Brilliance cruise!

Kieron (sp?) the CD on Radiance told us that he reads the boards. I had the impression talking to Kieron that he reads the roll calls that are coming on board to familiarize themselves with passengers. He had just read a review by a passenger that had been on the cruise before ours. He remembered them fondly and really appreciated the positive things they had said.

I post on a thread that is now in the Floataway Lounge but started last summer on the RCCL board. Those of us posting there have decided to cruise next February together. When the first one of us called to book the cruise, the person he talked to knew about our thread, as did the person I booked with. They really do read these boards looking at the comments.

I had difficulty completing my Set Sail pass a while back. I tried many times over a period of days but there was always some glitch and the site just would not work for me.

I posted here and received a note from an anonymous RCCL employee who told me it was making them nuts too. She worked in another department but was getting the phone calls from frustrated people like me. I can't remember what the trouble was, software problems or something like that.

This woman sounded so understanding and nice. Her response made me much more patient and understanding. I kept trying and in a couple of days I printed off my Set Sail pass.

I learned from a staff member that the Captain of the Vision reads these boards and has posted on occasion. He is a wonderful hands-on, visible captain--his staff and his passengers love him.

Now, there are lots and lots of complaints about children in adult areas, and chair hogs getting out of hand. I think we'll see some improvements there, too. Right, RCCL????? Oh, yoo-hoo......:D

I doubt it very much. People may complain here about kids in the adult areas, chair hogs, improper dress in the dining room, etc, but the people that complain continue to cruise so there is no loss in revenue to RCCL. Disciplining the offending passengers would very likely result in the loss of potential future revenue so nothing will ever be done to them. Perhaps the best example is the surcharge for Johny Rockets. Many people have complained about it on this board but it remains as it is a source of revenue.

Archived