Zenith or Constellation

shipperx

I'm trying to decide between these two November cruises, the Constellation is 9 nights round trip from Cape Liberty, very convenient as I live in Jersey. The Zenith is 14 nights round trip from Tampa so add in air fare. I've been on the Constellation, and the Horizon. I realize the Constellation is a bigger, newer ship and I love the alternate resturant and the Aqua spa food. I'm concerned about 2 days travel up and down the Atlantic in November. I did a trip a couple of years ago on the Horizon, which I believe is a sister ship of the Zenith, and loved it. Any thoughts to help me decide.

I just got back from cruising on the Constellation last Friday round trip out of Bayonne Eastern Caribbean. I loved the ship. The embarkation and disembarkation was the smoothest I have ever experienced. I have cruised both ships and I love them both.....I think you will be fine with whatever you decided. You do get the T-pool free on the Constellation and that was a big plus for me. If I had to choose I would choose the Constellation.

I'm trying to decide between these two November cruises, the Constellation is 9 nights round trip from Cape Liberty, very convenient as I live in Jersey. The Zenith is 14 nights round trip from Tampa so add in air fare. I've been on the Constellation, and the Horizon. I realize the Constellation is a bigger, newer ship and I love the alternate resturant and the Aqua spa food. I'm concerned about 2 days travel up and down the Atlantic in November. I did a trip a couple of years ago on the Horizon, which I believe is a sister ship of the Zenith, and loved it. Any thoughts to help me decide.
It's pretty hard to compare the two; definitely not apples and apples. Why not split the difference? We are taking the Zenith from Cape Liberty on October 21st when she repositions (13 nights) to Tampa. It's a really nice itinerary and you only have to fly 1 way.

I just returned from the 4/3 sailing on Zenith. The service and food was great on the Zenith but the cabins even our Zenith suite were not in the best condition. The cabins got new bedspreads, drapes etc but the bathrrom and carpets were awful. We would not go barefoot in the cabin. I can only imagine what the non-suite cabins were like. The public areas looked good. Given a choice between Connie and Zenith, I would take Connie, no question.

We did CONSTELLATION last November, and the only cold days were embarkation and debarkation days. The weather is still warm enough in the southern states to be enjoyable on the second day. Go for it! It's a gorgeous ship with a great crew!

Cheers~

Nicki

Thanks everyone, the October repositioning looks like another good option. I love the convenience of Cape Liberty. I realize the ships are completly different, what appeals to me about Zenith is the extra days. I just love a two week vacation. I thought I read somewhere about some refubishment of Zenith. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

I just returned from the 4/3 sailing on Zenith. The service and food was great on the Zenith but the cabins even our Zenith suite were not in the best condition. The cabins got new bedspreads, drapes etc but the bathrrom and carpets were awful. We would not go barefoot in the cabin. I can only imagine what the non-suite cabins were like. The public areas looked good. Given a choice between Connie and Zenith, I would take Connie, no question.

Hi, I sailed Zenith in Februray and had no problems with the

carpeting in my cabin (just had a regular window).

I am going back on her Thursday:D and plan on having

a great time once again.

I agree with Carole, it is really apples to oranges as the ships

are totally different. Though in my opinion, you can't go

wrong either way!

Have a great cruise!:)

Thanks everyone, the October repositioning looks like another good option. I love the convenience of Cape Liberty. I realize the ships are completly different, what appeals to me about Zenith is the extra days. I just love a two week vacation. I thought I read somewhere about some refubishment of Zenith. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

I just came off the Constellation with Carole and Cape Liberty is certainly convenient. I was home by 11:15 am! The longer 12 night cruise was fantastic. Really gives you a chance to relax, and getting home on Friday gave me the whole weekend to ease back into reeality before returning to work on Monday. I'm also on the Zenith Repo in October - best of both worlds. Leave from Cape Liberty, fly home from Tampa. And, I have the whole weekend to unpack before returning to work again. Why not join us?

I can't imagine the carpeting in the cabins being in that poor shape. Jenno222 - what cabin were you in?

Archived