Horseback riding in St Lucia

wdphokie

All of the detailed information on Atlantic Stables is really helpful. It sounds like a great place to ride. However, I noticed that people were giving different rates. Do the prices change when there are different numbers of riders?

Also, does anyone have information on any other stables?

Thanks! Can't wait to get to St. Lucia and ride!

Do the prices change when there are different numbers of riders?

I just booked with Atlantic Shores Stables for when we are in St Lucia in Novemeber. I believe that the different pricing is because of the transportation to and from the ship. For the four adults we were quoted $100.00/pp for the whole day including transportation.

We are all looking forward to the excursion very much! ~Beth :D

When you say that you booked for a whole day excursion with Atlantic. That includes the transportation from and to the ship plus the 5 hour riding tour? How many hours are you actually riding on the horses and how many hours are you on the beach having lunch etc?

I believe its up to what your preferences are. They told me the ride times does not include the transfer to and from ship.Rhon told me he could shorten the ride if I wanted and guaranteed I would be back to the ship on time with either ride. The trip from the ship takes you through a rainforest, along the Atlantic ocean and to the stable in less than an hour.They said they stopped to take photos at a tropical garden or waterfall.The trail from the stable to the beach takes 1/2 hour and the balance of the time is on the beach enjoying the party,lunch,swimming or riding your horse.

We could have ridden pretty much the whole time if we ate faster or didn't want to play the steel drum. The longer break was great for me as we hadn't ridden horses before. Tell Rhon or Max what your horse-riding experience and preferences are, and they will accomodate you.

While we really enjoyed the excursions on the other islands, this was the best excursion we took on our cruise. Have fun.

As the others have already answered. It really depends on what you want to do and for how long. We wanted to be picked up and dropped off and spend the day with them with lunch included. Our price was quoted for the four adults as 100.00/pp.

We used International Riding Stables, and it was one of my most memorale experiences in 12 cruises. They picked us up at the pier, so easy. Floria teh owner was so nice to deal with. I forget ho wlong the ride was to teh stable, maybe 20 minutes? After a ride through some hills,we arrived at the beach on horseback. Had the option of riding in the water or not. Beach was secluded and paradise. There was a small stand with drinks and a few souveniers. Since I know how to ride, our guide let me ride on my own around the beach. It was fabuluos and I highly recommend it.

We used International Riding Stables, and it was one of my most memorale experiences in 12 cruises. They picked us up at the pier, so easy. Floria teh owner was so nice to deal with. I forget ho wlong the ride was to teh stable, maybe 20 minutes?

Do you know how long the horseback ride was? And how much time did you spend on the beach having free time to do what you chose? We are looking to be able to ride for as long as possible. We've heard others mention that their ride was only about 30 mins and that was at Atlantic Stables.

Do you have any pics from your ride? We would greatly appreciate any info you have on Internationl Riding Stables!! i.e. prices, length of ride, is lunch included, are helmets and pants required...etc

Thanks!

[/ATTACH]Riding with Atlantic Shores Stable was full of fun and excitement. If you book a 45 minute ride then you will be out there for 45 minutes”riding”. If you book the 4 hour Calypso Beach Ride you will ride you will ride for as long as you want for the four hours (with a break for lunch or swim if you choose to). The lunch was delicious. The trip from the boat was a very pleasant surprise (highly recommended if you like adventure and beautiful landscapes). We drove through the lush, green rainforest until we got to the east coast near the Atlantic Ocean. We saw coconut and banana trees for miles when we were descending. The folks at the stable were very friendly and inviting and they definitely made our island experience a moment we will treasure forever. So try them out if you want to get away from the ordinary horse trails offered by most stables and enjoy a great adventure on one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean.

1184593269_CoconuttreesfromRainforest.jpg.77cc7d9f08bd39f2587036070e36d947.jpg

4081423_EastroadStlucia.jpg.e5da5c7e02e11a321bf52a256f7bebad.jpg

1939883310_ferninrainforest.jpg.80a786af89dd7784ed8c4b7b2bbe4e7e.jpg

Thank you so much for taking the time to attach the pictures! They look great! I am very excited to go on this adventure!

Thank you everyone for your great suggestions and comments. I just love these message boards, I feel my cruises would of not been so memorable if it wasn't for cruisecritic and all the great advise on the message boards!

Thanks Again, Beth

• 2 months later...

I just made it back from St.Lucia and I have to say it was one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean.The scenery is awesome! We were lucky to book our horse riding adventure with Atlantic Shores Riding Stable.The gentlemen who picked us up were very polite and friendly and they made the trip to the stable fun.They told us alot about St.Lucia as we drove through the lush rainforest and the different towns.The trail was amazing! The horses were a bit anxious at first but settled down nicely as we rode over the hills and to the beautiful ocean. Once there we had the choice of riding along the beach and in the water(this was amazing).I was a bit hesitant at first but it was amazing when we got in the water.Everyone should try swimming with a horse.The lunch was delicious...island cooking is full of flavour..I loved the Bar B Que. When we got back to the stable we we taken for a quick trip to the lighthouse on the southern tip of the island.This is a must do.We saw the entire southern half of St.Lucia..to our left we had the Caribbean Sea and to our right we had the Atlantic.This was not part of the package but the guys insisted we went. They guaranteed we would love it...they were so right! When this was over we got back to Castries with plenty of time to spare.As they promised we got there on time. The drive was a real experience! I would definitely ride with this stable again.

111.jpg

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

I just made it back from St.Lucia and I have to say it was one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean.The scenery is awesome! We were lucky to book our horse riding adventure with Atlantic Shores Riding Stable.The gentlemen who picked us up were very polite and friendly and they made the trip to the stable fun.They told us alot about St.Lucia as we drove through the lush rainforest and the different towns.The trail was amazing! The horses were a bit anxious at first but settled down nicely as we rode over the hills and to the beautiful ocean. Once there we had the choice of riding along the beach and in the water(this was amazing).I was a bit hesitant at first but it was amazing when we got in the water.Everyone should try swimming with a horse.The lunch was delicious...island cooking is full of flavour..I loved the Bar B Que. When we got back to the stable we we taken for a quick trip to the lighthouse on the southern tip of the island.This is a must do.We saw the entire southern half of St.Lucia..to our left we had the Caribbean Sea and to our right we had the Atlantic.This was not part of the package but the guys insisted we went. They guaranteed we would love it...they were so right! When this was over we got back to Castries with plenty of time to spare.As they promised we got there on time. The drive was a real experience! I would definitely ride with this stable again.

I really enjoyed the pics. Did you do the 4 hour? That's what my family wants to do. Did you wear long pants over your suit and then just change for the ride back after the beach? How did you arrange the excursion? and lastly what was the approx. cost? Thanks so much

• 1 month later...

:) :) Atlantic Shores Riding Stables surpassed all our expectations and eased all our worries about being on an island. My family and I chose the Calypso Beach Party ride and enjoyed everything about it. It is difficult to say which part was the most fun as the food was delicious (especially the grilled tuna), the trail was unbelievably stunning and the people were warm and friendly. They treated us with the utmost respect and made sure we felt comfortable at all times. Their services are offered with the highest level of hospitality and that was a very nice feeling. The horses were gorgeous and riding them along the shores and in the water was very exhilarating. We paid $100 dollars per person and that included pickup/drop off from the port and our lunch. They have a clean toilet facility where my wife was able to change into her swimsuit (under her riding clothes). The best rum punch the island had to offer was served after our ride. We will never forget this excursion and hope to visit again one day. I would have loved to post our photos but our disposable camera fell into the ocean when we were swimming with the horses(we will look for it next time we ride with them :) ). The memory of our kids having so much fun will never be forgotten. Thank you so much Atlantic Shores for sharing your paradise with us and thanks to everyone who posted all this helpful information and photos.

if we are in port from 7 am til 2:30 pm and wanted to do the 4 hr horse tour(this is the one with lunch) is there enough time or would you suggest the 2 hr. ride. however, for $20 more pp you get much more. also with kids do they have a

seperate price or is it just one price all around.

cheryl

We very much want to take this tour. My 1 yr old son has 3yrs of horseback riiding exp but my 8 yr old daughter has none. Do they have smaller horses that would be appropriate for her?

Jonathan

:) :) Atlantic Shores Riding Stables surpassed all our expectations and eased all our worries about being on an island. My family and I chose the Calypso Beach Party ride and enjoyed everything about it. It is difficult to say which part was the most fun as the food was delicious (especially the grilled tuna), the trail was unbelievably stunning and the people were warm and friendly. They treated us with the utmost respect and made sure we felt comfortable at all times. Their services are offered with the highest level of hospitality and that was a very nice feeling. The horses were gorgeous and riding them along the shores and in the water was very exhilarating. We paid $100 dollars per person and that included pickup/drop off from the port and our lunch. They have a clean toilet facility where my wife was able to change into her swimsuit (under her riding clothes). The best rum punch the island had to offer was served after our ride. We will never forget this excursion and hope to visit again one day. I would have loved to post our photos but our disposable camera fell into the ocean when we were swimming with the horses(we will look for it next time we ride with them :) ). The memory of our kids having so much fun will never be forgotten. Thank you so much Atlantic Shores for sharing your paradise with us and thanks to everyone who posted all this helpful information and photos.

We very much want to take this tour. My 1 yr old son has 3yrs of horseback riiding exp but my 8 yr old daughter has none. Do they have smaller horses that would be appropriate for her?

Jonathan

I'm thinking there is a typo here!!:D ;)

Hi,

Our guide told us that horses at this stable are of a mixed breed. They are smaller than the average american horse but much stronger and built to handle the terrain. They have some very sweet horses and I honestly don't think you will have any trouble finding one that will appropriately suit her or your son.It was a wonderful excursion and I strongly believe it will be the highlight of your trip.You can also contact them directly if you have any other questions. Atlanticshores@hotmail.com or call them at 758-454-8668.

Jonathan

Hi,

Our guide told us that horses at this stable are of a mixed breed. They are smaller than the average american horse but much stronger and built to handle the terrain. They have some very sweet horses and I honestly don't think you will have any trouble finding one that will appropriately suit her or your son.It was a wonderful excursion and I strongly believe it will be the highlight of your trip.You can also contact them directly if you have any other questions. Atlanticshores@hotmail.com or call them at 758-454-8668.

:) :) They have a clean toilet facility where my wife was able to change into her swimsuit (under her riding clothes). .

Thanks for the glowing report. We are scheduled to do the same trip in 2 weeks. My only question is about the bathing suit. Did your wife change near the beach before she went into the ocean? and then was she able to change back to her jeans before getting back on the horse? Or were the bathrooms/changing area at the stables at the start of you ride? Trying to decide whether to just put my suit on under my jeans or wait and change there. I would rather wear the suit for as little a time as possible!!

And did they have water available throughout the ride or should we bring our own?

Thanks

My wife changed into her swimsuit before the ride.She used the toilet there to put her swimsuit under her jeans.After the ride she changed under her beach towel before we headed back to the stable.

They did give us bottled water after the ride.Water was carried on the trail though in case anyone got thirsty under the tropical sun! If you have a preference as far as what brand water you prefer,then I would suggest you carry your own.We did not have any issues concerning the water(it too was delicious:) ).If you decide to change at the beach just make sure you have a big towel and sun block...and be sureto go swimming with the horses if the ocean is beautiful....it was awesome.Don't bring your camera into the ocean unless it is water proof.Enjoy yourself

Hi Sunset39,

I am so happy to read such great things about the horse ride. We are booked for February. We also were quoted $100.00 and there will only be 6 of us. Our ship is in port or a day when they do not have a regular tour scheduled. I do have a couple of questions.

How did you get on the horses once they took the saddles off so that you could ride them in the ocean? I am asking because I am not the smallest of women and I know I cannot just jump up on the horse. I was thinking that I may have to float on once he is in the water.

Also, is the ride pretty much nose to tail? Or do they give you some free time to let the horse go?

I am so excited for this tour, once I read about it on the boards I was set, I had to do it.

If we bring a towel and some other clothes is there a place to put the things or do we have to carry them while on the horses?

Sorry for all the questinos but it is great that you just did this.

Thanks,

Mary

Archived