Neptune Lounges On Board

GoldDigger

Just a quick question - I understand that on the Deluxe Suites and higher, one has access to the private Neptune lounge on board. Is the lounge manned, and is it open 24hours a day? Also, is there a bar? I've been to the HAL site, and I couldn't find out much about it.

Thanks!

Hi,

The Neptune lounge is staffed with concierges and stewards and is open all day until about 8pm. There is no bar serving alcohol, just coffee, latte, cappucino, snacks etc. The concierges can also be reached by direct line from your suite and will turn over heaven and earth for you. The Netune should be available on all HAL ships now and is available to guests in "S" and PS accommodations.

GN

We, also, enjoy the benefits of the Neptune but rarely stay in there for more than a few minutes. Occasionally we watch the news or read the paper with coffee. Usually we just stop in to grab a glass of ice tea or a cup of coffee while we are heading to our room.

Will be be given a special card for entering or will they know that we are supposed to be there? Also how do they moniter this lounge to guests that are not supposed to be in there? You can guess already this will be our first time in this special lounge, can't wait for all the perks.

Missygirl:)

Will be be given a special card for entering or will they know that we are supposed to be there? Also how do they moniter this lounge to guests that are not supposed to be in there? You can guess already this will be our first time in this special lounge, can't wait for all the perks.

Missygirl:)

I'm not sure what ship you are on, but it is handled a little differently on different ships from our experience. We have only been on one Vista ship, the Oosterdam, and on that the door to the Neptune was locked and suite pax had to use their room key to enter. On all the S and R ships the Concierge will ask for your name when you enter the first time and she has a list with names and Suite #s and from then on will recognize you.

You didn't say what category you are in, but you are aware I'm sure that not all 'suites' have the perks such as the Neptune Lounge. There is always confusion since HAL calls so many different cabins 'suites'. Only PS, SA, SB, and SC have access to the Neptune and the other amenities.

Have a great cruise. :)

We used this on the Rotterdam in the Med last year and look forward to it on the Volendam in Panama next year. A great benefit. The concierge bends over backwards for you. My wife commented that her favorite cookies were missing one day and when we came back from an excursion there was a plate of them in our cabin!

It is great to pop in and get a cafe latte at any time and take it back to your cabin. It is also a wifi hotspot - I used it a lot for that.

You never need to go to the front desk.

A great perk which we could not find on any other cruise line's literature.

It is amazing how quickly the concierges get to know you by name. If you don't go the Neptune right away and introduce yourselves, one of them will come to your suite and introduce him/her self.

They can make reservations for the Pinnacle, change money, cash travlers checks, drop off your shore excursion forms. One time a passenger needed something from shore and the concierge went and got it for them!

I don't know how it works on other ships but on the Volendam, this past February, the concierge never asked us our names or cabin number and you don't need a key or your card to enter the lounge. I kind of wondered about that and during one of our short visits to the Neptune Lounge I asked her how she knew who was who. She said she'd recently been provided software that actually pulled up our names and pictures (picture coming from the ID process when you check in at the terminal). She can see a whole page of pictures at one time and as folks start to register at the terminal she continuing updates the page. She told me that by the time we got from the terminal to the lounge she had pictures of us and was already trying to memorize who we were and what cabin we were in. Needless to say Regina was a total gem and took care of our very few requests in a heart beat.

That's a great idea and I'm sure the concierges love not having to even ask the question to everyone who comes into the NL. They now know without asking and then can deal with the occasional pax who doesn't 'qualify'.

Almost all the concierges we know have been great, but Regina is terrific and I know will soon be a GRM, I'm sure. Our concierge on the Rotterdam was just like her and was GRM on the Volendam when we saw her next.

Peaches,

Thanks for letting us know what a great Concierge we will have on the Volendam. I hope that she will be on our sailing in 5 days. Will you be joining us on the Alaska portion?

SAGE: I wish we could, but we had to cancel. We are having a family reunion/vacation and with all our children's/grandchildren's other summer plans the time frame for us to cruise with you and our mutual friend just didn't work out for them! Hopefully another opportunity will come about SOON!

Have a great time. I'll be thinking about you all! You will adore Regina. :D

We were on the O' dam in 2004 2 weeks to Panama Canal. First of all what a wonderful trip. Since we had a deluxe suite they let us on board and put us up in the Neptune lounge until our room was ready and so I started booking our tours and our 1 meal in the grill. We were 1 door down from the Neptune. Every morning my husband went and brought back my Cuppaccino for me and they decorated our room for a party. We never had to wait on line as it was great. When we do Alaska if we take Holland we will book a DS again near the Neptune Lounge .

Sage - You might also want to hunt up Regina's husband. Reggie....as least that's what he goes by....was working the Crow's Nest on our cruise but the lounge wait staff rotates around so no telling where he'll be for your cruise. Regina and Reggie made our cruise absolutely wonderful, maybe the best ever. :) Unless one or both has been transferrd to another ship they should both be there. As I recall Reggie has the next break and that's toward the end of the year. Regina was home late last year so she's not due to be off the ship for several months. Ask to see the pictures of their children....absolute dolls!

Oh, you're making me VERY excited to be getting on the Volendam tomorrow and be staying in an S suite! Glad to hear the concierge is such a gem. :)

Quick question...is there much variety in the DVDs available? I have a 12-year-old with me and wonder if there is anything suitable for that age range to check out?

Archived