Any Uniforms on Formal Nights

centerpoint

Just a quick question: anyone ever see folks in military dress uniform on formal nights? I'm not asking if it's allowed - I know it is - but I'm asking if anyone ever does it.

I've not done it but I've seen it. Had I still been in the military when I took my first cruise I would have worn dress blues.

If you are elgible, wear it. Nobody ever gets tired of looking at someone in a military dress uniform. I have been looking forward to my son wearing his next month on the Conquest and his orders were changed last week, this after just getting back from a year in Iraq with the Marines in February. Go figure!

Linda

Yes I have seen it and think it is great...My son is in the Navy and just recently came back from Iraq (2nd time over there) and think that all service men deserve our appreciation and think that they look very nice indeed in their uniforms...so I say go for it ;)

Linda

A HUGE YES!!!

BIL always wore his dress blues on formal night!! Wear it proudly and THANK YOU for your sacrifice and that of your family, so that my family can be free!

On my most recent cruise there was a very tall, very good looking man in a uniform I didn't recognize. It had royal blue pants and a waist-length bright red jacket. So I asked him what service it was for. He proudly said it was Royal Canadian Marines, Infantry division. I started to say it was gorgeous, and then realized that wasn't and appropriate term for a military uniform. He laughed and said I could flirt with him anyway I wanted! (and I'm old enough to be his mother).

If you don't want the extra attention you may get. Just smile and say thank you. People just want to be appreciative.

I say go for it!! Very appropriate for formal night, and very nice to see our service men and women wear their uniform proud and with honor. If I were still in the army I would certainly take my dress uniform and wear in to formal night.

Great idea for anybody!

And thx for all on here who serve and have served in our armed forces.

take care,

chris(former member of the big red one)

I've never really been the kind that wants to get extra attention.

Doesn't quite fit with your screen name. LOL

Go for it. Odds are you won't be the only one. On our first cruise (during spring break) there were a lot of midshipmen from the academy. On our last cruise (during spring break), there was a large contingent of Cadets from West Pointe.

I think a guy in a uniform looks great, and think anyone in the service should be proud to wear dress blues, whether in the military, or fire and police departments. You all put your lives, literally, on the line for us ~ the least you can do is let us show you some appreciation. :)

Our son, who is a Marine, wore his dress blues on both formal nights on two cruises he was on with us before he was deployed. We also saw several other Marines in their dress blues. It is considered formal wear and they certainly earned the right to wear it. :D

Be lald to post the "regulations" and traditions.

Cunard Lines has an on going thread on this, different but the same.

Let these youthful soldiers, Navy and Marines and Air Force and the USCG do

so.

After "active service" a combat tour: things are different.

We have a few considerations and such, but we are talking Active Duty and the

retired military.

Doc'

I wear my full dress formal family klan tartan/kilt (usually on second formal night).

Tartan is the official pattern (color, format) of kilts that were set up and awarded to klans to differentiate the family regiments in battles.

Being that both my grandfather and uncle were war heroes (WW1 and WW2 respectively), I consider it my honor and duty to wear my klan/family kilt proudly on formal occasions.

There is hundreds of years of history of my family klan proving themselves to deserve the honor of their own tartan.

I know that my family is proud to see me wear it, and I know that I am honoring my family.:D

(On a lighter note)...

And I know that women on cruises don't mind either, and my fiance insists that I wear it.;)

Just my two cents.

CJW

PS If I'm wearing a kilt, then you should feel really comfortable wearing your dress uniform, wear it proudly and go for it!

Archived