Face to the name

meyerhaus

For those of you who don't have an 'external' online photo album, but do have photos stored on your PC and want to add one to this thread... here's how you add the photo as an attachment:-

First of all... 'reply' to the thread, but don't use the quick reply option - select the 'Go Advanced' link. Type your message and then scroll further down the page until you see 'Additional Options'. You will see something which says 'attach files'. Click the 'manage attachments' link. You will now need to 'browse' your computer to find the photograph you want to use. When I clicked browse it automatically took me to 'my pictures' folder on my PC. Select your chosen photograph and press open. This will insert the file location in the browse box. Click 'upload'. Voila... a copy of your photo will be stored for viewing here... well in theory it should. The only problem will be if your photo is too big... you may need to adjust the size to make it smaller.

Good Luck :D

Laura

I'm gone for 5 hours and look what happens. The MattJenny wedding link is because Amy and I were in the bridal party for my brother Matt's wedding this past Saturday.

JON

P.S. While we are posting pets (DoniaG) here are my doggies:

SIMON

47b3cc08b3127cce84a7c15657cc0000002610

AND SUNNY

47b3cc08b3127cce84a7c66917680000002610

...after a bath. She was a BAD GIRL and rolled in something she shouldn't have!:eek:

I can't seem to find a good way to resize my photos to get them down to few enough bytes to fit. I've changed the color; I've converted them to gif's; I've reduced the quality; I've even reduced the physical size - but I just can't seem to get it right. I got the one pic of my cat up, but can't get anything else to work. Somebody help me! Please!!! I will be extremely grateful!! Donia

I don't have the "cleaned-up" pix of me (I mean dressed for dinner on the cruise, not digitally enhanced LOL) on this puter but I'm attempting to put up one of me lounging in Aruba as part of our snorkelling excursion.

Drat...it says the photo is too large and I don't have any way to edit it right now so I'll try again later.

It actually started as a jpeg and I converted it to see if it would be smaller. I also tried reducing it physically - not by cropping, it's already pretty tight - but by editing down the actual dimensions. I'll go back to the jpeg and tinker some more. I really appreciate your help, Laura. Any other ideas?

Here is what you do:

1. Open your photo in MS Paint (On EVERY Windows computer under Accessories)
  2. Go to Image>Stetch~Skew
  3. Put in 50% / 50% and go from there. You might need to resize a little more based on the size of you picture. Just repeat the process with different percentages, BUT KEEP THE 2 THE SAME!
  4. Click on File>Save and save it as a .jpeg.

It was HUGE, but that made it look like this:

Donia, The only thing I can think of at the moment is that you send your photo to me as an attachment in an email (ourLOL@aol.com) and I'll have a go at resizing it here and sending it back to you. I'm in hiding... England are playing in Euro 2004 (a football tournament) and have just gone to a penalty shoot out. I can't bear to watch... hence the reason I'm sitting out here on the computer!! It's very tense... the whole country is watching... (except me!!)

For those of you who don't know what SPQ's are, Google it and see what you get - it's a riot! Tish (my traveling buddy) and I are the two on the right. And I will be very flattered if no one recognises me out of this get-up! It was for a luncheon and we had a ball running all over town looking like this. :eek: Donia

Well I guess I can show what LARGIN looks like. The pic was taken last April on the Coral Princess.
BTW... LARGIN stands for Larry & Ginger :)

[url]http://home.pacbell.net/lborges/largin2.jpg[/url]

DonnaG -Please help with information about how to post a photo - my "old" avitar keeps saying "too big" however it is only 48X48 pixels - and this board is supposed to accept 80X80 ?? So I'm stuck.... - I would have sent you an e-mail - but message says "User does not wish e-mails sent"! --My profile allows e-mails - thanks for the help Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Archived