wedding dress on formal night?

hunymoonr

You will look lovely!

At first, I thought you might be showing a wedding gown, now that wouldn't bother me (if I knew it was our honeymoon). But, I was thinking who in their right mind would want to take a wedding gown onto a cruise? Your dress is perfect for a beach wedding/honeymoon/formal night cruise.

Just another perspective. One of our tablemates wore their wedding dress on formal night...it too was simple and pretty, but obviously a wedding dress. We thought it was odd, as did others that I overheard.

But the general philosophy on this board seems to be: if you're comfortable, wear it!

OK, I'll admit, my first thought when I saw the title of the thread was the same as Laurab23's. If it's a traditional wedding dress - even today's modern strapless styles that look like wedding gowns - I think you'd be looked at like you're at a wedding reception without the rest of the reception. But then I saw the pic - STUNNING. Perfect for a beach wedding & first formal night. How fantastic that you'll get to wear your dress twice!

Be sure to visit all of the ship's photo stations to have your pix taken that night. Also, take your own camera with you to dinner & ask your tablemates to take pix of the 2 of you.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!!!!!

I have to say that last year we got married on our cruise and i had thought that i would maybe wear my dress the first formal night but i didnt. I wore it to dinner as we got married on the cruise and i felt like i wanted to wear it for as long as the evening was as it was the only time i would wear it.. i had a sleevless long dress, not super fancy...

I like your dress and think it would be great to wear again for formal night.

Best wishes to you and your future husband..

STUNNING DRESS!

Look, how many times in life are we brides? Okay, in my case twice, that's not the point. The point is even if it is a traditional dress I would tell you to wear it, unless hauling it was a pain. Enjoy the feeling of being a bride, because pretty soon Prince Charming is going to be making rude noises when you wake up and life will get in the way. You'll still be in love, but that magical newness, the blush of loves first waking, will wear into comfort and the familiar.

That's what it's supposed to do. You are supposed to grow as a couple and that has been the best part of my marriage. Sometimes brides are so ready to jump to the next phase, children or something else (grooms too), that you rush past that honeymoon magic. Enjoy it for a bit, savor it. Let dorks like me tell you that we hope you are as happy as we are. We mean it. Don't be a bride forever, but an extra day? I say yes.

STUNNING DRESS!

Look, how many times in life are we brides? Okay, in my case twice, that's not the point. The point is even if it is a traditional dress I would tell you to wear it, unless hauling it was a pain. Enjoy the feeling of being a bride, because pretty soon Prince Charming is going to be making rude noises when you wake up and life will get in the way. You'll still be in love, but that magical newness, the blush of loves first waking, will wear into comfort and the familiar.

That's what it's supposed to do. You are supposed to grow as a couple and that has been the best part of my marriage. Sometimes brides are so ready to jump to the next phase, children or something else (grooms too), that you rush past that honeymoon magic. Enjoy it for a bit, savor it. Let dorks like me tell you that we hope you are as happy as we are. We mean it. Don't be a bride forever, but an extra day? I say yes.

Okay, you've got me crying this morning! I love reading your posts and have read some of your blog. You are a very impressive lady. Thank you for your beautiful input! I have been married three times(lost my children's father to drug overdose, 2nd to cancer, 3rd to car accident) so I guess I'm not the "typical bride". We have been engaged for three years and have put wedding off several times due to poor health of my dad and DH2B's son being in Iraq with the USMC. Dad still won't be able to be at the wedding but DS is thankfully home. My oldest will be graduating high school two days before the wedding! You are so right about savoring this time. That's why I booked this cruise, I know we will have a fantastic honeymoon! Anyway, I know I went way off my topic, (sorry) so thank you and thanks to all who posted. Yes, I will proudly wear the dress for formal night and of course I will have to post pics when we get back!

Okay, you've got me crying this morning! I love reading your posts and have read some of your blog. You are a very impressive lady. Thank you for your beautiful input! I have been married three times(lost my children's father to drug overdose, 2nd to cancer, 3rd to car accident) so I guess I'm not the "typical bride". We have been engaged for three years and have put wedding off several times due to poor health of my dad and DH2B's son being in Iraq with the USMC. Dad still won't be able to be at the wedding but DS is thankfully home. My oldest will be graduating high school two days before the wedding! You are so right about savoring this time. That's why I booked this cruise, I know we will have a fantastic honeymoon! Anyway, I know I went way off my topic, (sorry) so thank you and thanks to all who posted. Yes, I will proudly wear the dress for formal night and of course I will have to post pics when we get back!

Now you have me crying. Oh my. I cannot imagine anyone who deserves happiness more than you do right now! The best wish I can offer you is that you have the love, joy and precious surprises Gene and I have had in our marriage.

I am so happy your husband to be's baby is home. I don't know if I would have the strength to make that sacrafice.

You just be happy. Sometimes I hold Gene and just cherish this time so much, because the precious moments are so easy to take for granted, and the ones we miss most when they are gone. You, better than anyone, understand that.

Now you have me crying. Oh my. I cannot imagine anyone who deserves happiness more than you do right now! The best wish I can offer you is that you have the love, joy and precious surprises Gene and I have had in our marriage.

I am so happy your husband to be's baby is home. I don't know if I would have the strength to make that sacrafice.

You just be happy. Sometimes I hold Gene and just cherish this time so much, because the precious moments are so easy to take for granted, and the ones we miss most when they are gone. You, better than anyone, understand that.

I guess we are both just big cry-babies this morning! Thank you so much and hope we will be on the same cruise on of these days. I already have that strange feeling that this will not be our last cruise!

Hi, your dress is lovely.

I hope life will bring you only good things from this time forward.

Wear it proudly and my best wishes go out to you, your

future hubby and both of your families.

I’d wear it! It’s a beautiful dress, and not overly “bride-y”. If it was a big, full-skirted, Cinderella-looking wedding gown, I’d say it wasn’t appropriate for anything but your wedding, but this is equally lovely as a wedding dress and as a white formal gown.

I think the dress is beautiful and would recommend wearing it for formal night.

How do people know you didn't get married on board and the "formal night dinner" might actually be your wedding dinner?? Personally I love weddings and seeing the bride in their beautiful gowns. I would never judge why a wedding dress is being worn and would certainly not take offense to sharing a dining room with a blushing bride and her adoring new husband.

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials - and as previous posters have already stated "you deserve it"! Looking forward to hearing your post cruise report (including the wedding). Be happy! Best wishes!

I've seen brides in their wedding dresses on most of my cruises and I love seeing them! I always assumed that they got married on the ship that day so it made sense that they would be in their gown throughout the evening! Either way, I say go for it! Your dress is beautiful by the way!

STUNNING DRESS!

I totally agree.

Archived