Celebrity Suite Cat CS, I need some specifics?

Cathy Maneri

I just booked a Celebrity Suite on the Summit cabin 6104 and had a few questions that the Celebrity site doesn't cover.

I have a lot of curious questions.

Has anyone stayed in this type of cabin and what did you think about it?

Do you get a choice of pillows like the Sky Suite?

Do they have a computer in the cabin for use as stated, what about internet service from it?

They mention you get a VCR....did they upgrade it to a DVD? and do they offer you movies? and if so, do you get charged for them?

Also, they offer espresso and cappuchino....do they offer lattes? Just love those Cova Cafe lattes.

Do they offer bath products for the jacuzzi tub?

I know this may sound kind of vain(ish), but I'm really curious if I will need to pack a few things extra.

We were in Celebrity Suite 9096 last week. The layout of the cabin is quite nice. I really liked the glass all around as it was a great place to sit and just watch outside......away from the crowds. Deck 9 is the top deck of cabins, and there was quite a noise problem from above, but you should be fine on deck 6.

We did not have any of the perks that the concierge class cabins had. There were no fresh flowers, no pillow menu, and the canapes were just okay. There were no special bath amenities. I cannot remember what we had in the concierge class, but these were just the regular generic Celebrity shampoo and body lotion. Also, I had to ask for the Concierge class towels, as the ones we had were much smaller and worn. So if that is what you have, ask for the nicer ones.

The computer was in the cabin. I had to sign up for a package because of my business, and it was quite expensive. However, the people that run the computer center were nice about making sure I did get the lowest rates. You can use it for other things, like word, excel, etc at no charge. It was very handy.

As far as a VCR/DVD we didn't even use it, but I think it was there...the DVD. Two plasma TV's were great. Decent CD player, so you might want to take some with you.

Our butler did the minimum. He never offered any extra treats like the coffee, but no doubt if we had requested, it would have been there.

Hope that helps. We were originally booked for 6106 but due to a very loud family group we were able to move.

Hope that helps.

We had a celebrity suite last fall on the Summit and we loved it. We had fresh flowers in our room and an orchid on our door. The butler brought me cappucino every morning and afternoon along with the snacks that we liked. (which he figured out after the second day) On my birthday he decorated our room and left a bottle of champagne (sort of) and a cake and flowers on our little table. There is a dvd player and your butler will bring an assortment of movies if you ask. If we called him he was right there. My daughter got seasick (hurricane Otis) and he brought crackers and 7-up and seasickness pills and checked in often to see if she needed anything else. He was just great to us. The floor to ceiling windows offer a great view, though I missed the balcony just for fresh air. We were just as happy as could be with everything. We used the inroom computer, and it is expensive and slow but certainly convenient. We brought CDs and the music system was nice to have also.

Thanks for your timely replies. You answered all my questions.

Cruiselover20...I was wondering if you had to change cabins from 6106 to another because of a noisy 6104. Not sure what you meant by that comment. Could you clarify.

We were just on the Infinity and looked at this cabin the day we were disembarking and couldn't believe the spaciousness of it. This cabin price is just a little more than a Sky Suite and I think it's a much nicer cabin.

Since we are doing Alaska, I didn't think we would need a balcony, but the windows will be just perfect and all the cabins are on the starboard side, so we should have some nice views.

It's funny, hubby and I always did inside cabins on Celebrity but on our last cruise we had to be moved because the inside cabins are very noisy with pipes in the walls. They gave us a window cabin on deck 3 and we liked it. But my wonderful husband decided to splurge on this Alaska 2007 cruise and I told him "he's going to be sorry that I'm going to be spoiled." I just booked it when the schedule came out because I think they will be gone.

We have never done a balcony or CC or SS on Celebrity, personally I don't think they are worth the money, but the Celebrity Suite is a great size for the price. Shhhhhh....don't tell anyone, this could be the best kept secret on these ships. I could see why they sell out fast.

Thanks again...and happy cruising.

Yes, it was the other sky suite that had a big group, and they were really loud. Nice people, but it wasn't going to work. There are connecting doors and that lets more noise in than a wall.

It was most likely a one time issue with the cabin guests, and after my spouse pushed the issue they moved us. The extra space is very nice.

NCL Seaward 1981 Caribbean

Sitmar Fairwind 1983 Caribbean

Holland American 1986 Caribbean

Celebrity Zenith 1993 Caribbean

Celebrity Zenith 1994 Caribbean

RCCL 1995 Bahamas

Windstar Windsong 1997 Tahiti

NCL Crown 1998 South America

NCL Norway 2000 Transatlantic

RCCL Legend of the Seas 2001 Australia to Singapore

Cunard Caronia 2002 Southampton to Canary Islands

Celebrity Zenith 2003 South America

Royal Clipper 2004 B to B Deep Caribbean

Oceania Regatta 2004 Transatlantic

Celebrity Infinity 2005 South America

Celebrity Xpedition 2005 Galapagos

Clipper Odyssey 2005 New Caledonia to Melbourne

Celebrity Summit 2006 Hawaii

Cathy - you are going to love the CS. We always stay either in a RS or CS. I was originally booked in a Royal for our Alaska Cruise next week but after doing a Transcontinental in a RS we found we used the balcony so little on a cold weateher cruise and the views from the living room are so much better in a CS we changed our booking.

One note - when in a CS you can pretty much have anything you wish. Just ask. Some butlers assume you know what you can or can not have and don't tell you. No matter how small or large a request, the staff have always strived to accomidate. A minor requirement I have are 3 foam and 3 down pillows. I normally let the Cabin Attendant know immediately upon arrival and they are always there when the bed is turned down.

Hi,

we had a Celebrity Suite for Alaska. It was great. We had such a great buttler. He arranged a party for us with fingerfood, champagne, juice...

If you like to see some pictures of our suite, follow the link in my signature and look in the album "Celebrity Summit 2005".

We had this CS for a TA in Nov..

Its a great suite with large picture window, PC (pay for internet) , flowers when you ask for them, nice eating area (dining room), separate DARK bedroom so you sleep well. The bath is nice with a jacuzzi. Watch your step tho, its a step up and can be tricky when you are wet.

The butler service is great and he will serve any meals you want at your dining inhouse table. He can do breakfast while you are asleep in your room and he wont disturb you as opposed to a SS. Just make sure you dont dead bolt the door the night before,, then he will disturb you if you want breakfast served...

here is the link:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=518973750&security=liOBrS

Hi Cathy........

You are in for a treat. The celebrity suite is everthing that's been said and more......

We've were fortunate enough to have #6104 on the Summit several times. Bring your CD collection. The cabin has an incredible CD/Tape Player Sound System on the wall in the dining room area. It's the piece de resistance !!!

ENJOY !!!! :)

M&M's

We had a CS on a South American cruise and it is so nice to look out of 4 floor to ceiling windows and not have the wind blowing in your face. We had anything that we wanted and had a nice party that the butler took care of everything for us. He also brought us cappuccino whenever we wanted it. He set the table at night for breakfast and would call before he came, but if you were in the bedroom with the door closed, he would set it up on the table and leave. Could get use to living like that very easy. Have a great cruise. Our CS was on the Infinity.

Don

Hi Cathy........

You are in for a treat. The celebrity suite is everthing that's been said and more......

We've were fortunate enough to have #6104 on the Summit several times. Bring your CD collection. The cabin has an incredible CD/Tape Player Sound System on the wall in the dining room area. It's the piece de resistance !!!

ENJOY !!!! :)

M&M's

If I remember correctly M&M's didnt we have adjoining Celebrity Suites with a door separating us??

We are now officially neighbors...

Are you following me?

Transatlantic in Nov 05

Alaska in May 06

Transatlantic in Nov 06

Identical to my itinerary. Hmmmm.. whats going on here??? LOL

see you guys in Alaska!!!

Celebrity Don

Mel:

You have a point there,, you leave on May 7th and we leave on May 8th. So in fact we are following you.

See you and Matt at the Red Dog Saloon. I may even have a beer!!

Have a great trip up the coast of Calif. We stop in SF the day after you do and Susan is more excited about that then Alaska!!! Its a very romantic city,, by the bay.. Oh what Tony Bennett did for that city.. I guess I'll have my chinese lunch and see Coit Tower and the Wharf and Gharidelli (sp) square, get some chocolates and go to Swensons for ice cream.. Yeah, we love SF. Scoma's for SEE food... We have been there so many times, the best C food...

Watch the Millie Cam tomorrow at noon in the internet cafe,, you just may see a familiar face!!! LOL (I am sworn to secrecy about this adventure)... see you soon

Don

We were in Celebrity Suite 9096 last week. The layout of the cabin is quite nice. I really liked the glass all around as it was a great place to sit and just watch outside......away from the crowds. Deck 9 is the top deck of cabins, and there was quite a noise problem from above, but you should be fine on deck 6.

Hello,

We have cabin 9096 booked in December. Can you tell me about the noise? I did not think about it when we booked - there were only 2 choices when we booked 9096 & 9098 so it wouldn't have mttered.

Was the noise early enough to wake you? Really late? Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Desiree

I would not wish this on anyone. It would start about 9pm stop at 12pm and then restart about 4am......so you can imagine our sleeping was horrible.

I called guest relations the first night, and they said it was from a food pantry, so my husband went out to check, and the only thing that was above us was where they cook hamburgers during the day, and that closed at 6pm.

The noise was terrible, and the place was closed. We spoke to one of our room stewards, and he said he had been on that ship for 8 months, and that 9096 had this problem, and no one had a clue where it was coming from. Several nights I got up and slept on the sofa.

If you can change, do so, but this is a horrible cabin, and your vacation will be ruined. In two weeks we did not have one good night's sleep. Frankly, they did not care.

Yes, they gave us a 20% on a future cruise, but that was my last Celebrity trip.......

My husband spoke to the people on each side, and the other Celebrity suite heard nothing, and the CC class next to us heard a little of it. It may be a harmonics issue as there is nothing above that cabin to make any noise. I would change for sure. Sorry, but it is better you know now than when you have spent your money.

Regards

Unfortunately, we are stuck. There are no cabins left. My Mom and Daughter will be in the living room and DH and I will be in the bedroom. I am more worried for my mom and daughter then for me but atleast we will be prepared for it. I guess I wish I had taken 9098!

Thanks for the info - I appreciate it. Other then that - the room was nice? We have never been in a suite so we are looking forward to it.

Desiree

No, the room was not nice. It was very dirty, faded furniture, mold in the bathroom, and was not worth the price at all. The design of the Celebrity Suite is great, but they really need to do their housekeeping better. The toss pillows on the sofa should have been thrown away. Greasy, dirty stains. We threw them on the floor.

oh dear, do I read that the Summit has gone downhill rapidly. We have had CS and are about to enjoy one again, never had anything except a great time in them. Just love the big windows and yet for my light sleeping DH the complete darkness on the bedroom

Sorry you did not find the CS to your liking, fingers crossed for everyone this was an isolated incident

Thanks everyone for your comments on the Celebrity Suite, especially 6104. I'm going to be so spoiled. I told my hubby, there's no going back now!

Norbert...that's a great site you set up. Wonderful collection of your cruise pix. Thanks for sharing it.

I will bring the following for my CS:

CD's (romantic of course)

Bath salts and bubbles for my jacuzzi tub

DVD's for hubby, he's tired of the old Andy Griffin and we saw all the CSI's on our last cruise. (Don't get me wrong, we do get out of our cabin)

I'm glad almost everyone had a great experience in their Celebrity Suites.

I must admit, I've made some mistakes in picking cabins and I stay away from any kitchen areas and pool decks.

PS: To those that are going to San Francisco, the double-decker bus is fun for first timers. If old timers, eat your way through the Ferry building.

I was just there for five days after our Infinity Panama Canal cruise and just shopped and ate my way through San Francisco. I think I enjoyed it more than the cruise.

Happy cruising to all!

Archived