Question About Johnny Rockets?

tvjj11

There is a cover charge of $3.95 per person for dining in. Sodas and shakes are extra. You can order as much food per person as you like. When you first sit down the wait staff will bring you hot fries, ketchup, onion rings and ranch dressing. If you would like carry out, it is still the same charge but you are limited to one sandwich/burger, order of fries and onion rings.

The menu consists of hamburgers cooked different ways with a good choice of toppings. Chili, chili dogs, hot dogs, chili fries,grilled chicken club sandwich, grilled ham and cheese, BLT, apple pie ala mode and Oreo sundae. There may be more but that is what I remember. :)

If you are a Crown and Anchor member then you will have one coupon in your booklet good for the cover charge.

I know it's petty, but here's something that really burns me...

I wouldn't go to JR's if it weren't for my daughter (she's 9). She's been on as many RCL cruises as I have, but because she's under 18, she doesn't get a coupon. It just burns me to have to pay for her to eat there! Granted it's only $4, but still...

I wouldn't go to JR's if it weren't for my daughter (she's 9). She's been on as many RCL cruises as I have, but because she's under 18, she doesn't get a coupon. It just burns me to have to pay for her to eat there! Granted it's only $4, but still...

On all our cruises with our 3 kids,the kids got the same coupon books as we do even though they have not cruised as much as us and are under 18.

we are diamond and the kids are considered that too as long as they are under 18 and have the same address as we do.

Once they hit 18 then they will recieve coupons according to how many cruises they have been, which will be 3 cruises. So they will get gold instead of our diamond coupons.

Last cruise we had 5 diamond coubon books-saved a ton in picture prices!

Hi,

I remember the days when you only paid for shakes at Johnny Rocket's, what happened to that. As someone said, "granted it's only $4", but it's food, and food is supposed to be included, what's up with that!!!

Hi,

I remember the days when you only paid for shakes at Johnny Rocket's, what happened to that. As someone said, "granted it's only $4", but it's food, and food is supposed to be included, what's up with that!!!

It is considered an alternative dining spot like Portofino's and Chops. You pay a surcharge. No big deal.

jaycor...You must always get great room stewards (or something) to get books for your kids!:) We have never gotten any-just for myself and my husband. We have asked RCCL before cruises and asked onboard while on our cruises. Is there some secret you know that we don't?

jaycor...You must always get great room stewards (or something) to get books for your kids!:) We have never gotten any-just for myself and my husband. We have asked RCCL before cruises and asked onboard while on our cruises. Is there some secret you know that we don't?

hi

have never asked for coupon booklets for the kids-just always have been there. They received the gift as well on the MOS lin Feb.

Another poster a while back said they got the same thing for their kids.

Maybe each ship is different.

Our friends whose daughter just turned 18 said she only received the gold coupons.

Their son who is 16 received the diamond booklet (same as the parents)

have never asked Rccl about it -maybe I should, to get a correct answer.

Janet, I have had the same experience as you. Only the "real" (i.e., 18 and older) C&A members get a coupon book, AND a "welcome back" gift.

Erika (Candleonwater): Next month, we will sail RCI for the 3rd time, all experiences with RCI have been on Mariner of the Seas. We travel with our 13 y/o son, he did not receive a coupon booklet on our 2cd cruise -- just hubby and I.

My son doesn't want to dine with us at Johnny Rockets because he knows he has at least 2 opportunities to dine there (for free) with Adventure Ocean and that is more than enough for him. (He'd rather have Prime Rib in the Dining Room!) ;)

Rose

The "surcharge" is not a big deal, it's the principle. Seaview Cafe on Brilliance of the Seas doesn't charge a "surcharge". Johnny Rockets and Portofino are absolutely no comparison.

The "surcharge" is not a big deal, it's the principle. Seaview Cafe on Brilliance of the Seas doesn't charge a "surcharge". Johnny Rockets and Portofino are absolutely no comparison.

Well this has been hashed over and over and from what I see RCI is not going to do away with the sc at JR's so people either have a choice to pay it or find another place to eat. I will gladly pay the surcharge if it keeps the lines down and the kids from using it as a hangout.

The neverending argument. Don't eat there. That easy. Stick to the Windjammer. No one has to eat at JR's. It's optional. I don't. I don't like the food. Not everyone does.

So, Johnny Rockets...Voyager...January 2002. a slight language and culinary division

Asked for a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich. Got a puzzled look. Rephrased slightly.....Grilled cheese sandwich with bacon. got a big ol' nod.

Time passes and arrives....a grilled cheese sandwich and a side of bacon.

It was good though.

I was on the Mariner a few weeks ago and guess what?????They didn't force me to eat there and I doubt they will you either.

Well this has been hashed over and over and from what I see RCI is not going to do away with the sc at JR's so people either have a choice to pay it or find another place to eat. I will gladly pay the surcharge if it keeps the lines down and the kids from using it as a hangout.

I couldn't agree with you more. Last Sept. on Navigator, we were the only ones in there. The service was great. No lines and no kids.:D

Archived