When do you T-Pool?

mkringen

I was just wondering when you find time to use the T-pool? We were on the Mercury and used the T-pool the first night and liked it so we paid the $99 each for the whole cruise. We used it the next two nights. After that we had made friends and were way too busy at night to get there before it closed at 11pm. So we really wasted $200 for the both of us. When do you use it?

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

Ok, different class ships, we have only used the" T" pools on the"M" class ships. We always do late dining now and usually go to the "T" pool around 5 - 5:30 in the evening. It's very uncrowded at that time.

I'm a very early riser so I hit the gym before 5AM (if you know the secret to get in so early) and then change and go to the T pool and then the sauna. By breakfast time I am fit and relaxed. The pool is almost always empty at that hour.

Well I guess that is the problem. I sleep best in the morning so do not usually get up before 8am or later. We also do early dinner too. The middle of the day seems like a hassle with having to shower after etc. I guess I will just have to not pay for a whole cruise and pay by the day instead. I did really enjoy it. I must say that my bathing suit still totally smells like chlorine even after washing.

Michelle in SoCal

On the grand class ships (Constellation, Millenium, etc.) the T pool is free so you don't have to wonder if it's worthwhile. After my first cruise using the T pool, i designated one suit for T pool use cause it faded and continued to smell of chlorine even though I washed it after each use.

We almost always went in after a shore excursion, and before dinner (late seating). Helped while away the aches and pains of the day, and left us feeling fresh and renewed for the evenings activities. On sea days -- mid afternoon seemed like the time to go.

Iagree with JLMED - went after port visits on very exhausting Med. cruise, then showered, dressed for dinner and relaxed with a glass of wine before dinner. Divine! but only doable if late seating for dinner. We also used it on sea days - sometimes twice a day.

We almost always went in after a shore excursion, and before dinner (late seating). Helped while away the aches and pains of the day, and left us feeling fresh and renewed for the evenings activities. On sea days -- mid afternoon seemed like the time to go.

We must have been in that T-pool together !!

During sea days we always met great people to chat with in the T-pool, and going in after an excursion gave us enough time to relax and still get ready for late dining and a pre-dinner cocktail.

The T-pool is really the reason we never look at another cruise line. I love it.

Nadine

Ok, different class ships, we have only used the" T" pools on the"M" class ships. We always do late dining now and usually go to the "T" pool around 5 - 5:30 in the evening. It's very uncrowded at that time.

We really enjoyed the T-Pool after excursions in Alaska and before late seating. We only had one day where we had to float around and wait for a turn on the bubbly beds!

Our favorite time to use the T-pool on our Century cruise was before dinner. We frequently would run into some of our tablemates there. They loved the whole spa experience and spent a small fortune during the week. We just enjoyed the the sauna, steam room, and T-pool. On sea days, we used it morning, afternoon, and evening.

How early does the T-pool open in the morning?

Steve

I think it opens at 8am, but the key to using it for me was that I have been late seating and a soak at about five or six worked very well. I am not a particularly early riser (except on excursions days) and used it less then, although it is great if you have a bit of a "head" when you wake up. I got into more of the walk around the track in the morning, so a go before dinner was great:)

Phil

Archived