how does celebrity compare?

sunsetme

It kind of depends on which of the ships you were on, even within a line things can vary. If you were on the Sun/Dawn/ Princess its probably the most similar to Galaxy.

The service will be a bit more formal than the others, in my opinion, the announcements will be at a minimum.

Nothing like the Grande Buffet on the last formal night, which you will have on Galaxy. I've been on it 3 times, most recently at Christmas and its still one of my favourite ships. Oh just booked it for the Med next year too.

I have lots of pics and info on the Galaxy on my travelogues if you want to take a look. I still need to get those holiday pics up.

You'll enjoy the ship and the food, dress is a bit more formal too.

Have a great cruise

Tina

http://www.recordlady.com/Pages/CRUISES/cruises.htm

As vista said it depends. But comp ship to comp ship I like X better. I did Carnival once (never again -too many lines and mediocre food). Princess has some lovely ships but X does a better job of making you feel special - more activities - a little classier service. RCCL is fun and less money - we like them when we find a deal or ports we want to visit. Hal (only been once) the passengers were older but it was the Montreal-NY trip. The food was good the staff outstanding but the late night entertainment very weak - no hot disco nites. And they had the best standard outside rooms -with tub/shower - we have been in. Pick the itinerary, ship and dates and just enjoy your trip.

IMHO, compared to the other lines you've been on, I think you'd find X offers a more traditional cruise experience than they do, focuses more on service than they do, has better food, is a bit more upscale, and in general, targets a demographic that is slightly older and better heeled. Of course, this is a sweeping generalization and cruise experiences can differ from ship to ship, and even from week to week on the same ship.

I have been on three of the four lines.

I think the positive points of Celebrity is the wonderful service that the crew provides, the appearance of the ships and the diversity of activities offered particularly during sea days, the options for dining (in my opinion there specialty restaurant on the four M Class ships which does charge a cover fee of $30.00 per passenger is the best of any restaurant I have eaten on while on a cruise ship including the luxury cruise lines), nice choices in accommodations and a traditional cruising experience. The passenger mix will likely be a little bit older than those that you will find on say on the other three ships but this will vary be itinerary and length of cruise.

We cruised Celebrity extensively during the 1990's and then took a break until this past March. It's a great line to sail on. It's considered a premium cruise line and gets rated very high in various publications such as Travel and Leisure and Conde Nest whose ratings are based on readers's comments.

Keith

Archived