TA won't cooperate, what to do??

We have already made final payment and noticed yesterday that the prices have gone down. I contacted our TA, to find out about receiving on-board credit. He said that there was nothing he could do, and is very insistent about it. Do I have any options?

We have already made final payment and noticed yesterday that the prices have gone down. I contacted our TA, to find out about receiving on-board credit. He said that there was nothing he could do, and is very insistent about it. Do I have any options?

have your reservation transfered to Carnival and let them help you

Margie:)

There is no way the agent will release the booking to Carnival. I would just make it abundantly clear to the agent that their unwillingness to assist you or look out for your interests is the reason you will never book with them again. Period.

But basically you are stuck.

Our TA told us we had 14 days from date of booking to get any type of credit, so this might be the case with yours.

Always check the policies regarding price drops with each indiviual TA.

Good luck and hope it works out.

:)

Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately, this is not a local agent, so I cannot do a face-to-face, only over the phone.:mad:

I guess this reafirms to either use a local or go directly through Carnival.

Why would you expect an on board credit?

If the price had gone up would you expect to pay more?

If Carnival wouldn't offer folks on board credits, folks wouldn't ask for them. So, get off the OP's back!!!!!!!

I dealt once with a bad on-line agent (this guy's name wouldnt happen to be Steven would it), I kept having problems and eventually cancelled my reservations and re-booked elsewhere. This guy would not come down on the price, even though I was kinda "bated & switched". However, prior to cancelling and re-booking elsewhere, I spoke to a supervisor who was pleasant and tried to keep my business. But at this point all I wanted was OUT!

I say all that to say this, try talking to a supervisor and see if he will help you.

sounds like you need a new TA for the next 100 cruises you go on. i booked the conquest in dec., 2005 for april 16, 2006. in march, the price went down so i called my TA, who is just a doll, and told him about it. he said OK, no problem. my mother-in-law received a $155 on board credit and i received a $255 on board credit. that simple....took him about a whole 2 minutes to do with carnival!

Not all agents will give any price reduction after final payment. I learned this when my Victory cruise came dow a total of 700 for our cruise. I now ask that question.

where did you see the price come down? on carnivals web page the amount does not include government taxes. On other sites the amount dont include port taxes.

(even some cruises if the price comes down on their cruises AFTER final payment carnival will sometimes give upgrades or cabin credit instead of the full amount.)

if the price did indid come down for your sailing ask the agent what kind of cabi n credit did they have in mind.

If the price comes down before final payment there is a lot of options- and better for any agent to offer rebates then. To transfer your booking Now after final payment could be too costly to do so. Agent charge a cancellation policy even if you only transfer the booking.

I would say your probably stuck, however tell the TA that if he won't help you, then you are just going to go to someone else who will. and then report them to Carnival. they don't like shady TA's and will stop selling to them after awhile if enough complaints are reported. I had a major problem with my last TA, Needless to say I dumped her after my last cruise. I talk to the pursers office on board about the problems I was experincing (with the TA screw up) and they where able to help out. It did not include money issues, My TA forgot to tell Canival we where on our honeymoon. so the beds were not put together no nothing. the pursers office took charge and took care of everything.

So when you get on board and you find out this TA goofed again or did not do what he was surposed to do then talk to the pursers office

You know the way these boards have changed, kind of sucks. In the ole days, we could name these online agencies and TA's that people were having problems with. These boards are supposed to be about sharing and if we could give the names of agents that have done us wrong, you can bet they would shape up or loose business! On the flip side, the agents that happily gave upgrades or OBC's would get more referals and happier cruising customers. Happier cruiseing customers would make Carnival happy! It's a win~win situation, so I don't see why we are censored to post our opinions, like or dislike.

Contact the administrators of this site and voice your objections by using an e-mail. Not a good idea to publically discuss your disagreements with the policies of the administrators of this site. :rolleyes:

I can see why the change was made. As you all know we live in a sue happy society. If the board managers did not change the policy I am sure that they would be left open to all sorts of lawsuits and other legal actions. It was a prudent move on their part.

Robb

regionboiler,

Was the denial made immediately or the TA even attempted to contact Carnival about it? Some special fares are for new bookings only, and if this was one of them, the TA can't do anything about it. If on the other hand, he didn't even try to get it for you, go ahead and dump him! He gives all TAs a bad name, regardless of how you reach them (by phone, face to face, etc.).

Regards,

Enrique

The same exact thing happened to us.Our TA said that Carnival wouldn't do the rebate.I called Carnival and they said they would give it but the TA had to be involved.Ta kept refusing to make the call.After much badgering and showing up in person they made the call and I recieved the refund.We now always book directly with Carnival.

Why would you expect an on board credit?

If the price had gone up would you expect to pay more?

I book with Carnival, and I WOULD expect a credit, because Carnival says they will do it one time.

I would not expect to pay more because the price went up, because Carnival says up front that I will not have to.

Having a bad hair day today?

Mark T

In August, I booked my June 29, 2006 cruise thru an online cruise agency. Last night I noticed that the price for my cruise for a Cat. 11 was $280 cheaper than when I booked. I called my agent today. He called Carnival and within minutes I had a $300 shipboard credit. I don't understand why some agents will fight for a credit and some won't bother.

They should. That ta just wants their commission. Just ask to cancel, and book w/carnival. you will still come out ahead.

Read the OP, they are within final payment. There is no way that they cancel and come out better with the penalties.

The TA has no obligation to get them an OBC nor does Carnival have any obligation to give them one.

I would say your probably stuck, however tell the TA that if he won't help you, then you are just going to go to someone else who will. and then report them to Carnival. they don't like shady TA's and will stop selling to them after awhile if enough complaints are reported. I had a major problem with my last TA, Needless to say I dumped her after my last cruise. I talk to the pursers office on board about the problems I was experincing (with the TA screw up) and they where able to help out. It did not include money issues, My TA forgot to tell Canival we where on our honeymoon. so the beds were not put together no nothing. the pursers office took charge and took care of everything.

So when you get on board and you find out this TA goofed again or did not do what he was surposed to do then talk to the pursers office

To the OP sorry that the TA won't get you an OBC, but there is nothing shady about what they are doing, nor is there anything illegal or inappropriate about it. Might not be the best business practice, but if they won't budge you are just out of luck.

Archived