Zenith in Bermuda

tarheelmjfan

We're considering a Bermuda cruise on Zenith this fall. If only DH & I go, we usually like to be on the ship in the evenings. We rarely stay in ports very late. Is there anything to do on the ship, after late seating dinner? TIA :)

On Monday night there is an "Island Party" on the pool deck with all kinds of fruits and desserts (buffet style). Lots of amazing watermelon carvings, live music and it's a lot of fun. On Wednesday night by the pool is the 50's party. Both of these start at around 10:45 pm. and last till 12 midnight. They also have entertainers performing around the ship...Michaels Club, the Cova Cafe and I believe on one of the other nights there is a show of some kind but can't remember. There is also a disco. I was never bored and we always stayed on board in the evenings on both of our cruises.

I echo what Brooklyngirl said above as we did exactly the same. We had late dinner seating so, by the time dinner was over--after 10:30 we would meet up with friends and the time just flew by.

You will have a wonderful time!:)

Thanks for the info. :) I sounds like there's plenty to do. Now, to decide what to book. :D

Good info., everyone. Now we'll have to see if early dinner, earlybird people like us can stay up late enough for the two parties.

tarheelmjfan, I guess your CC name means that you've been rooting for Michael Jordan since he was a star at UNC. We wonder what he's doing now, other than owning part of the Wizards and counting his well earned money.

Good info., everyone. Now we'll have to see if early dinner, earlybird people like us can stay up late enough for the two parties.

tarheelmjfan, I guess your CC name means that you've been rooting for Michael Jordan since he was a star at UNC. We wonder what he's doing now, other than owning part of the Wizards and counting his well earned money.

Actually, I've been rooting for him since he was a freshman at UNC & James Worthy & Sam Perkins were the stars. ;) MJ was my childhood hero. He was the subject of my high school term paper. I collected every newspaper & magazine article he was in, during his 3 yrs at Carolina. I came up with this user name for another discussion board several years ago. This was when MJ was in Chicago, & all they talked about was his many fans from the area. It was my little way of saying MJ had fans long before he was a Bull. Juvenile, I know. :o He doesn't own part of the Wizards any longer. He had to sell his shares in order to come back & play. You can't be an owner & player. Anyway, the Wizards ended up firing him, after his health kept him from taking them where they wanted to be. :mad: He's still interested in purchasing a team, but from what I've heard, he's hoping for a sole ownership opportunity. He also has his own apparel line with Nike, & from what I've read spends most of his time on the golf course. I hated it, when he retired. The NBA will never be the same for me.

To get back on topic before we get in trouble, when are you going to Bermuda? We're thinking late Sept. or Oct.

Hi Tammy:) Bermuda is on my list!

I am doing Alaska 2 weeks from TODAY:D and that was really

something I wanted to do as well.

So, one down, one to go!

I know there have been MANY, MANY reviews recently about Zenith

but I just want to let you I sailed her in Feb and again last month

and I LOVED IT:)

The service on the April cruise was unmatched over any of my

previous cruises. Really awesome!

I hope you have a wonderful time:D

To get back on topic before we get in trouble, when are you going to Bermuda? We're thinking late Sept. or Oct.

We'll be leaving the house in about 7 days, 12 hours (that's 10 a.m., Saturday 5/13) for our Zenith cruise to Bermuda. It takes about 35 minutes from our house to the pier without trasffic, so we figure it will take about twice that long on cruise day, counting the time to make two bad left turns into the port, unload, etc. We're almost counting every minute.

I can understand your feelings toward MJ. We don't have a lot of pro ball players from our town (Teaneck) and my college (Penn); so we root for all of them in any sport. That includes Doug Glanville (recently retired CF for Cubs, Phillies, and Rangers), Tony Campbell (retired from the Lakers), Jim Finn (FB, football Giants), Mark De Rosa, Dave Wohl (BB coach), etc.

We'll be leaving the house in about 7 days, 12 hours (that's 10 a.m., Saturday 5/13) for our Zenith cruise to Bermuda. It takes about 35 minutes from our house to the pier without trasffic, so we figure it will take about twice that long on cruise day, counting the time to make two bad left turns into the port, unload, etc. We're almost counting every minute.

I can understand your feelings toward MJ. We don't have a lot of pro ball players from our town (Teaneck) and my college (Penn); so we root for all of them in any sport. That includes Doug Glanville (recently retired CF for Cubs, Phillies, and Rangers), Tony Campbell (retired from the Lakers), Jim Finn (FB, football Giants), Mark De Rosa, Dave Wohl (BB coach), etc.

Hi Joan and Joe - How long will it take us to get from the Summerhill Suites by Newark airport to the port on Saturday morning? Do you have any idea how much it will cost? See you in a week :D

Hi Joan and Joe - How long will it take us to get from the Summerhill Suites by Newark airport to the port on Saturday morning? Do you have any idea how much it will cost? See you in a week :D

I don't know exactly where the hotel is, but the non-traffic time would be seven or eight minutes to the Turnpike, five or six minutes on the Turnpike, seven or eight minutes to the port, total of 20 minutes. Port traffic might add a lot--maybe even double the amount of time. (On the other hand, if you leve the hotel at 10:30 you might hit no port traffic at all.) The distance isn't all that much. As for cost, the hotel should have a better idea than I do. Call them.

When will you be arriving--late at night Friday, or early in the day?

When will you be arriving--late at night Friday, or early in the day?

Our flight out of Milwaukee is 7:30 PM and we arrive around 10:30 PM...so I figure by the time we pick up luggage and get the shuttle to the hotel we should get there around midnight! Hotel said about $40 to ship:eek: Can that be right...I thought it was only abouit 10 miles? We printed our hedge hogs this morning! Thanks! :)

Hi, Linda and Jeff. From the airport it is definitely under 10 miles, but the cab companies are using thr fact that people have few alternatives as an excuse to rip people off. Many of them charge less to go to Manhattan, which is twice as far, than to the port. See the links you get from Googling Cape Lberty, such as www.cruisenewsdaily.com/i-capeliberty.pdf. That article, from last year, describes the port as 3 miles from Newark, then says that cabs charge $35.

Hi, Linda and Jeff. From the airport it is definitely under 10 miles, but the cab companies are using thr fact that people have few alternatives as an excuse to rip people off. Many of them charge less to go to Manhattan, which is twice as far, than to the port. See the links you get from Googling Cape Lberty, such as www.cruisenewsdaily.com/i-capeliberty.pdf. That article, from last year, describes the port as 3 miles from Newark, then says that cabs charge $35.

UGH!:eek:

Hi Tammy Bermuda is on my list!

I am doing Alaska 2 weeks from TODAY and that was really

something I wanted to do as well.

So, one down, one to go!

I know there have been MANY, MANY reviews recently about Zenith

but I just want to let you I sailed her in Feb and again last month

and I LOVED IT

The service on the April cruise was unmatched over any of my

previous cruises. Really awesome!

I hope you have a wonderful time

Hey Lois,

I replied to your Alaska post earlier. :p I've read your reviews of Zenith & I'm sure we'll love it. :) You & I need to take a cruise from a FL port someday & leave my guys at home. ;) I'm sure we'd have a blast. :D

We're considering a Bermuda cruise on Zenith this fall. If only DH & I go, we usually like to be on the ship in the evenings. We rarely stay in ports very late. Is there anything to do on the ship, after late seating dinner? TIA :)

We were on the Zenith 10/15/05 great cruise, great island, great beaches that me feel young again. You will find something you like for sure.:)

Is anyone going on the Zenith to Bermuda on 10/14/06. I posted on roll call but no response! My husband and I are the only two signed up for the cruise critic party! On 10/7/06 many have responded. Is there a reason why 10/14/06 is less popular than all the other dates?

We were on a trip in 2005 on the Summit and many people had a "chat" going for months!

I've never been on a Celebrity ship to Bermuda. Will it really be docked all nights in Bermuda? We were on an NCL ship that did dock, but many ships had to tender!

arldicmcki@aol.com

I've never been on a Celebrity ship to Bermuda. Will it really be docked all nights in Bermuda? We were on an NCL ship that did dock, but many ships had to tender!

You will be docked in Hamilton Monday & Tuesday nights. The ship will move from Hamilton on Wednesday morning to St. George and dock there. You will spent Wednesday night there and depart late Thursday afternoon for home (Cape Liberty). Sunday & Friday are sea days.

SBtS

Is anyone going on the Zenith to Bermuda on 10/14/06. I posted on roll call but no response! My husband and I are the only two signed up for the cruise critic party! On 10/7/06 many have responded. Is there a reason why 10/14/06 is less popular than all the other dates?

We were on a trip in 2005 on the Summit and many people had a "chat" going for months!

arldicmcki@aol.com

On our Zenith Cruise 10/15/05 We walked right off the ship onto the main street of Hamiliton. Just feet from the ferry station

SBtS is correct:) :rolleyes:

Joanand joe, It seems as if you're allowing approximately 1 hour to get to the port, which would make it approx 11AM when you get there. Do you know if you are able to board at that time? I live in Staten Island and Port Liberty is not that far a drive for us either. I was just wondering how early we would be able to board as I know I will be so excited on that day (July 22nd) that I will be anxious to leave and get there as soon as possible.I know from RCCL that you are usually able to board earlier than advertised. This will be my first X cruise, looking forward to it.

Karen, if the ship arrves on time (and it doesn't always do so), boarding usually starts between 11 and 11:30. No guarantees, but that's what we've read on CC. That's why we're leaving at 10 or 10:15.

Do join us on our Zenith 5/13 roll call, at oour sailaway party at the Fleet bar, and at the CC party. Details are on the roll call.

Joanand joe, thanks for the info. I would love to join you at your sailaway and CC parties but I am not sailing until July 22nd. I couldn't find any postings for the July 22nd sailing on the roll call board so I started a new posting yesterday asking if there were any others sailing on that date. I will have to check if there were any responses. Who knows, maybe my friend and I will be the only ones on the ship?? Enjoy your cruise!! Please post when you return home. Karen

Archived