Ft. Lauderdale Airport to Miami

stripes813

www.floridalimo.com is the website you can check out. You can either do the shuttle van service, but it will take alot longer because of the possibility of multiple hotel stops for various passengers or for just a few dollars more you may hire a private sedan to pick you up at FLL airport and take you directly to the port of Miami. You can make reservations online and they also give price quotes if you email them...I found it worth the few extra dollars to do the private sedan service.

Good luck, have a great cruise:)

Trust me, I did a LOT of research on this prior to our cruise last month. The shuttles/private car companies wanted around $80 or more to get us to Miami and then we still would have had to pay for a taxi to get from the hotel to the pier the next day. I searched around and found that you can rent a car from Enterprise at FLL and drop it off at the downtown Miami location (in the Hyatt) the next morning for less than $30 (no extra drop off fee!). Then you just take the free shuttle from there to the pier. Very easy, and very cheap. And you have a car for sight seeing that night! Hope this helps!

I agree that a car is the cheapest way possible but a lot of people on vacation dont want to do the driving. (you will have to rent the car on the way back too)

Taxi/car service will cost about 80 bucks each way. We got a stretch limo for 6 adults with luggage at a cost of 33.pp round trip which included tip.

we used www.larryslimo.com

If looking for a car service for 4 people with luggage make sure the person knows there is suitcases-- 8 pcs of luggage and 4 people will not fit in a reg sized vehicle comfortably. (its a 45 minute drive)

Samiam0403,

You said, "rent a car from Enterprise at FLL and drop it off at the downtown Miami location (in the Hyatt) the next morning for less than $30 (no extra drop off fee!). Then you just take the free shuttle from there to the pier."

I went the rental car route since I'm staying at the Hyatt. But who operates the free shuttle to the pier? Enterprise or the Hyatt? Do you have to reserve?

Thanks,

Laura

We are renting a car as well. We will be on the Valor this August. We are flying into FLL the day before, we are renting with Thrifty.We are a family of 5 and rentning a Standard size suv and the total cost is 52.30$. For us this is much cheaper then getting a limo or a taxi. They will shuttle us to the ship after dropping off the car. We are staying over night with my parents in the Ft Lauderdale area, so we save money on a hotel as well.

we were on the liberty 4/1 sailing and used fort lauderdale vip limo service, they are great, they picked us up day before at airport took us to hotel in fort laduerdale, then picked us up at hotel to pier the next day and on return home pier to airport, cost of 99 dollars. We also used them prior for pick up from miami hotel to fort lauderdale pier then return home miami to fort lauderdale they are great

For $18 per person, Tri County Airport Express, the originator of the shared ride transportation concept in South Florida offers this very economical mode of transportation to & from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. They have been providing this exclusive service to both tourists and local residents since 1986 with a fleet of 150 vehicles. The rates are per person and your wait is a maximum of 30 minutes from the time you and your luggage are curbside. You are allowed 2 suitcases (normal size) and 1 carry on per person before a possible extra fare is charged. The per person rates are posted at all terminals where their representatives are located - lower level curbside - for your convenience

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

rpsinnj, Your post makes very little sense. You have said that the limo service picked you up at the airport (FLL???) took you to your hotel in Fort Lauderdale, then took you from the hotel to the pier in Miami, and finally upon your return to Miami, picked you up and took you back to FLL, all for $99. I say impossible.

rpsinnj, Your post makes very little sense. You have said that the limo service picked you up at the airport (FLL???) took you to your hotel in Fort Lauderdale, then took you from the hotel to the pier in Miami, and finally upon your return to Miami, picked you up and took you back to FLL, all for $99. I say impossible.

rps didnt say the hotel was in Miami. from their post i got they were picked up at FLL airport then taken to the hotel. Then next day pick up at the hotel then to the pier After the cruise the service picked them back up to go to the FLL airport for 99.00

25.00 each trip sounds about right.

They also used the service before.

No, they clearly stated their hotel was in Fort Lauderdale, and that's what I stated. However this is a thread about transportation from FLL to Miami, so it stands to reason that anyone posting is contributing information about getting from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.

Take tri-rail from FFL to MIA for 3.00 dollars a head. Then a Taxi for 20.00 to the port. Last cruise I flew into Hollywood and my wife flew into FLL and our luggage flew into MIA. I caught the train and the the wife called and got on the same train and then we went and got our luggage. No big deal. Why did we do it that way? My wife works for the airline and we fly standby. Its free! Its worth the 400.00 dollars savings. You can find out about tri-rail on the internet. Just search tri-rail.

tri rail is not the most convenient. maybe cheap but if your plane comes in and you just missed a train you may have to wait a bit. They dont run very often. But if you can work it out with the connections.. it may be a way.

• 2 weeks later...
tri rail is not the most convenient. maybe cheap but if your plane comes in and you just missed a train you may have to wait a bit. They dont run very often. But if you can work it out with the connections.. it may be a way.

I would be very hesitant about using tri rail if I was on any kind of time frame inside 24 hours.

Trust me, I did a LOT of research on this prior to our cruise last month. The shuttles/private car companies wanted around $80 or more to get us to Miami and then we still would have had to pay for a taxi to get from the hotel to the pier the next day. I searched around and found that you can rent a car from Enterprise at FLL and drop it off at the downtown Miami location (in the Hyatt) the next morning for less than $30 (no extra drop off fee!). Then you just take the free shuttle from there to the pier. Very easy, and very cheap. And you have a car for sight seeing that night! Hope this helps!
Thanks will check that out.

Archived