Duty Free Liquor Store at San Juan Pier

Be aware that the Duty Free Liquor store is only at the terminal in Old San Juan. There is another terminal on Isla Grande across the bay that does not have anything around it.

There is NO DUTY FREE STORE if you are leaving from the Pan American Pier, I think the Serenade as for the AOS leaves from.

The Duty free store is located in the piers in Old San Juan.

Check your docs and see if your are leaving from the Pan American Pier if you are you are out of luck.

Went on the AOS in April and there was nothing there.

There is NO DUTY FREE STORE if you are leaving from the Pan American Pier, I think the Serenade as for the AOS leaves from.

The Duty free store is located in the piers in Old San Juan.

Check your docs and see if your are leaving from the Pan American Pier if you are you are out of luck.

Went on the AOS in April and there was nothing there.

No my friend, last year, I sail away from the Serenade of the Seas from Pan American Pier and I don't pay nothing. Is duty free in all ports of San Juan..... I work for that in the pier in Puerto Rico and belive me, I know about that..... You don't pay, is Duty Free....For All Cruisers..... ORIENTATE BIEN..... TAKE ORIENTATION....!

OK, I'm confussed, Is there a duty free liqour store at the Pan Am Pier or not??? Or at least a short walk to the next terminal, Which might be Princess..... or should we buy before we get to the Pan AM pier?????

We sailed Last year from the Pan American Pier and there was a liquor store there. In fact I carried on board a bottle of Vodka and a rum and some soda. They have a leaflet. that there is an ordaince(sic) in San Juan, that states the cruiseships must allow you on board, in your room with your liquor purchased there, waived ther paper at the people, who were trying to take my purchases and was not stopped.

Thanks, jezzdogg, I was wondering if I had only dreampt it.

We left out of the Pan American Pier in Sept., and between check-in and security, there was a booth with drink samples, and a duty free store. DH and I stocked up on beer and mixers, and bought some one-drink bottles of hard liquor that they recommended we bury in our carry-on.

However, since jsoloff has sailed since then, it may have closed since then. :mad:

To clarify...We just sailed the AOS in May. Left from the Pan American pier. We walked to the Princess terminal next door to RCL terminal and went to the duty free store. Take your tickets with you. We had no trouble walking back on the ship - didn't know abut the ordinance but it makes sense with how easy it was.

• 7 months later...

clarify? We are sailing on the AOS from the Pan American Pier. Is there (for sure this time:) ) a duty free liquor store at the Pan American Pier? And if there is, do they sell champagne and beer? Or maybe the Champagne of Beers, Miller High Life?

clarify? We are sailing on the AOS from the Pan American Pier. Is there (for sure this time:) ) a duty free liquor store at the Pan American Pier? And if there is, do they sell champagne and beer? Or maybe the Champagne of Beers, Miller High Life?

We sailed from the Pan American pier on the AOS in September 2003. There ws a duty-free store. There was no beer though just liquor and I am not sure about soda. They had wine but it was not very good. I bought a couple of bottles and ended up leaving one in my room. Lots of really inexpensive rum though!

We just sailed AOS from the Pan American pier on Sunday 1/23/2005. I remembered seeing this thread and 4 of us went looking for the elusive duty free store. We walked over to the Princess pier where the Golden Princess was docked looked around and found no duty free store. No store of any kind for that matter. We even asked several people working there. Some of the Golden Princess crew were outside using the pay phones. They knew of no store there. There were a few vending machines outside at the Princess pier. Maybe these were duty free vending machines. :confused:

We walked a little further up the road to the guard station and asked him about any kind of store in the general area. He said we would need to get a cab and about 1 to 1 1/2 miles. We turned around and walked by to the AOS pier.

There is a small airport right across the road from the AOs and Princess pier. Maybe the duty free store is there. :)

We didn't want to run across the runway to find out. :eek:

We did find that the prices at the duty free store in the San Juan airport were about as good as anywhere.

• 8 years later...

We were in San Juan the middle of the month and they were handing out samples using a Pina Colada mix and a German liqueur. I need to know the name of the liqueur. Should have taken a picture to help me remember. If you are in San Juan and can write the name for me I would greatly appreciate it.

We were in San Juan the middle of the month and they were handing out samples using a Pina Colada mix and a German liqueur. I need to know the name of the liqueur. Should have taken a picture to help me remember. If you are in San Juan and can write the name for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi, think it might be Jagermeister

Archived